AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Structure not reliable at all !

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Sam2M
785 Views, 8 Replies

Export Structure not reliable at all !

See attached screen shot :

At the left the Plant3D windows

At the right the Robot windows

1/ First, un set the strucure representation in Plant3D on "Line Model" and I export under SDNF format

I loaded the SDNF with Robot :

- The structure nodes are correct and joined (see picture "Export from Line Model - Line view") Smiley Happy

- The axis offset of horizontal beam is lost ! (see picture "Export from Line Model - volumic view") Smiley Mad

- the rotation of vertical beam is wrong ! (see picture "Export from Line Model - volumic view") Smiley Mad

2/ Then, without any change on the strucutre in plnat 3D, I just choose the "Outline Model" representation and I export under SDNF format

I loaded the SDNF with Robot :

- The structure nodes are disconnected (see picture "Export from Outline Model - Line view") Smiley Mad

- The axis offset of horizontal beam is OK (see picture "Export from Outline Model - volumic view") Smiley Happy

- The rotation of vertical beam is wrong ! (see picture "Export from Line Model - volumic view") Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Sam2M
in reply to: Sam2M

in addition :

beam materials are not exported in SDNF file ! Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 9
JimCircle
in reply to: Sam2M

Any answer from Autodesk ?

- confirmation of this bugg ?

- date of new patch to solve it  ?

Message 4 of 9
fbeer42
in reply to: JimCircle

Hi Sam,

hi Jim,

the issues have been recorded in our database and are being worked on for inclusion in future releases. Unfortunately, we are not entitled to confirm inclusion of the fix in any specific release or dates regarding availability of patches.

regards,

Felix

Autodesk Plant Solutions
AEC Industry Group

Message 5 of 9
JimCircle
in reply to: fbeer42

Hi !

Still unable "to confirm inclusion of the fix in any specific release or dates regarding availability of patches." ?

Any news ?

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
bogdanov.y
in reply to: JimCircle

I think that this problem is because the Plant3D always remember original size of beam. And in the picture I can see that you cut this beam. That's why when you export this file in robot, the information that receive is the original beam (without cutting).

The structural plug-in of Plant3D is only to draw the exist structure and to have reference. But is not to do new structure with calculation. For this Autodesk has another software like Structural Detailing.

Regards

Message 7 of 9
JimCircle

Hi

Does this issue is fixed in the upcoming release - AutoCAD Plant3D 2012. ?

Regards

Message 8 of 9
JimCircle

Hi Felix

I am very disappointed with the 2012 version : no cure brought to bugg

Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 9
Sam2M

Hi !

toc toc toc .... ? .... somebody on this issue ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost