I have been compliling a a company catalogue/spec in Plant 3D and I cant seem to find expansion joints anywhere.
Does anyone know where I can download them or am I going to have to create these manaully?
Solved! Go to Solution.
When creating new components in the catalog you can use existing component scripts that resemble what you are trying to represent. Follow these steps to create an expansion joint.
1. Open Spec Editor
2. Select the Catalog Editor tab
3. Open the catalog you want to add the expansion joints to
4. Pick the Create New Component button
5. When the Create Component dialog open change the following settings
NOTE: The Primary End Type will be changed later leave it at BV for now
6. Pick the Create to add the new component to the catalog.
7. Now fill out the remaining data to complete the entry.
NOTE: All Size Parameters on newly created components are filled out as metric by default. Modiify the values as needed per your standard.
Make sure to select the Save to Catalog button to save your edits.