Valued Mentor
DuncanBrannan82
Message 1 of 19 (4,965 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write"

4965 Views, 18 Replies
11-07-2011 03:14 AM

Dear all,

We have noticed an issue on one machine regarding a project we have started in Plant 3D. The error that comes up when we open the project is "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write". Has any one come across this? Does anyone out there have any best practice documents etc on project setup?

The reason for asking is that now when we open Plant 3D, the same project tries to open but crashes everytime and closes Plant 3D. The only way to get it working again is to delete the USER Key in the registry and fire up the secondary installer for Plant 3D... This removes the link and loads the default project template. We can open the project again but unfortunately we end up in the same position...

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan

If my post was helpful to you, please could you give "Kudos" and/or mark the "Accept as Solution" button(s) below. Thanks in Advance!
*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 2 of 19 (4,961 Views)

Re: Error "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write"

11-07-2011 05:21 AM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

I've seen people not able to open a project, but I haven't seen that error come up.  

The resolution we came across was to rename the project on the network, and then use the newly named project.  

Of course, I have no idea whether that will work in this scenario. 

The error that you posted general comes when an application has opened an AutoCAD database object to read it, but neglected to upgrade it's permissions to allow writing back to that object.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
Valued Mentor
DuncanBrannan82
Message 3 of 19 (4,951 Views)

11-07-2011 08:19 AM in reply to: dave.wolfe

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

We can now get back into Plant 3D 2012 by opening the drawing directly from Windows Explorer, personally i think that the issue is related to the Project Manager and the XML behind it as i can create a project and it works fine. Something has to be amiss here but im not sure what it is i should be looking for that could cause this?

Are you aware of any best practice documents for project setup, just to read over...

Also, Do you know if there are any altercations with user permissions or locked files etc? *.dwl / *.lock / *.plck

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan

If my post was helpful to you, please could you give "Kudos" and/or mark the "Accept as Solution" button(s) below. Thanks in Advance!
Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 4 of 19 (4,899 Views)

11-11-2011 07:49 AM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

Hi Duncan,

Does the same issue happen if you open the project from another machine?

You could try running the PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe on the problem machine.

This is located in the install directory:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 - English

Thanks,
Dan 

Dan Scales
Valued Mentor
DuncanBrannan82
Message 5 of 19 (4,894 Views)

11-11-2011 07:55 AM in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response! We did try opening the file on another machine but the same happened unfortunately.

I will send your suggestion on in terms of the PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe and let you know how we get on.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan

Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 6 of 19 (4,891 Views)

11-11-2011 08:01 AM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

Hi Duncan,

I suspect the PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe won't fix this if the project itself is causing the issue.

I'll do some more research on the error and get back to you.

Thanks,
Dan 

Dan Scales
*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 7 of 19 (4,888 Views)

11-11-2011 08:38 AM in reply to: Dan.Scales

Can you post your project xml so we can take a look at it?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
fjpiper
Message 8 of 19 (4,748 Views)

01-03-2012 07:52 AM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

I have one user who is getting this same error, but it's using AutoCAD Mechanical 2012. It's driving me nuts! There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this.

matthijs
Message 9 of 19 (4,637 Views)

02-03-2012 04:52 AM in reply to: fjpiper

Same issue over here with AutoCad Mechanical 2012 (with update pack 1) on two machines so far.

It happens random and have not found a solution yet.

Employee
PeterQuinn
Message 10 of 19 (4,625 Views)

02-03-2012 04:11 PM in reply to: matthijs

A quick google search shows that it happens with other Autodesk applications too. No luck with a definite answer. My only thought is to make sure you send in the error report if it asks. That way our developers can see what's failing and fix it.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community