AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on routing pipe from nozzle

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
phil.cooper
2200 Views, 20 Replies

Error on routing pipe from nozzle

I have created a new nozzle in the catalogue with end type 'FL'.

i have then converted a 3d model into a piece of equipment. When i add a nozzle onto it, i select my new nozzle which i just created. This works fine.

But, when i click on the + to route pipe from the nozzle, i get the attached error message.

Does anyone know why this is?

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

It looks like that you have a missing flange 4", RTJ facing, PN16 pressure class in the pipe spec.

Or check your flange properties in the flange catalog, something is not matching.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 21

hi,

i dont have that flange in my spec. but i dont want or need it.

I dont understand why it is wanting that flange as i have not specified anywhere that the nozzle should join to that flange.

Message 4 of 21

Well, you need a flange,gasket and bolt set to connect to a flanged nozzle.

Otherwise, how do you want to connect a flanged nozzle?

And the flange should match to the nozzle with the properties you set up in the project settings\ piping connection settings.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 5 of 21

i have a flange, gasket and bolt set which i have created which all works perfectly.

the flange setting match the nozzle settings in the project settings\ piping connection settings.

but the error message is saying it is trying to connect to a flange which I havtn got and havnt told it to connect to.

Message 6 of 21
mikael
in reply to: phil.cooper

Can you post screenshot of "piping connection setting" and settings of your flange and nozzle?

//Mikael

Message 7 of 21
phil.cooper
in reply to: mikael

hi,

screenshots are attached.

hopefully you will see something that i have missed.

thanks

Message 8 of 21
mikael

Since "Piping connection settings", for FL joints, only have "Pressure class" as required match it seems like it's inserting another Joint of some kind. 

Is the "Part use priority", in Spec editor, set correctly?

Otherwise I don't know what's wrong, with the info I've got, i'm afraid.

//Mikael

Message 9 of 21
mikael

One thought.

Tried to put in the pressure class as just 16 and not PN16? Gaskets and fasterners in the catalogs are listed without PN infront. Maybe that can be a problem.

//Mikael

Message 10 of 21
phil.cooper

the gaskets and bolt sets i have created have PN16. the flanges work perfectly normally.

Ive found a workaround. If i create the nozzle on the tank. then i insert a flange onto the nozzle, it connects and inserts the gasket and bolt set and then i just click the + on the flange to run the pipe.

so it will work, it just wont insert the flange automatically if i click the + on the nozzle.

Message 11 of 21
phil.cooper

the workaround above works perfectly for my OD spec. I have just created the nozzles for my DIN spec in the nozzle catalogue. When i insert the flange onto the nozzle it says that it cant connect. It doesnt give any reason why, it just says it cant.

Ive attached the error message.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Message 12 of 21
mikael

Hi again,

more info about the specs would be nice. Some screenshots of what to be connected.

//Mikael

Message 13 of 21
mikael

When I tried to use an ISO/DIN flange on a ASME nozzle I get that error message, nothing but "Cannot connect parts". So it's probably something with your spec, mixed standards maybe. Imperial mixed with metric?

Message 14 of 21
phil.cooper

HI,

Ive attached the connection settings, flange settings and nozzle settings.

In the nozzle catalogue I have created a set of OD nozzles and a set of DIN nozzles. which are available to select when i create a nozzle on a piece of equipment.

Message 15 of 21
mikael

Don't know if it has any to do with it, but shouldn't the end type of the gasket be "Undefined_ET" and not FL.

//Mikael

Message 16 of 21
phil.cooper

i just changed the end type of the gasket as you suggested and nothing has changed.

I cant see why this isnt working. all the settings are right so it should just work!

Message 17 of 21
mikael

Can you attach your spec here maybe? Might help having a look at it.

//Mikael

Message 18 of 21
phil.cooper

hi,

do you just need the .pspc and .pspx files? (attached) or do you need something else aswell?

thanks

Message 19 of 21
phil.cooper

ive fixed it!

when i was creating the nozzle on the equipment, i wasnt changing it to mm, it was stayiing on Inches.

So i was trying to connect a DIN flange to an OD nozzle.

It works perfectly now!

Thanks for your help

Message 20 of 21
mikael

About to ask you that 🙂

It was only when trying to connect mm to a inch nozzle that I got that "empty" error message.

//Mikael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost