AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endtype BUG...still not fixed

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
441 Views, 6 Replies

Endtype BUG...still not fixed

Ive got a valve...end types lug-lug (first screenshot from spec edit parts box)

when placing item into project, plant makes one of the endtypes WF (properties when valve is placed in model)

this issue has been raised before....autodesk still havent given a fix or workaround that i can find.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The exist valves in the standard catalogs work correctly, prove to copy one of the exist valves and change the values.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

sorry...standard catalogue doesnt have a fig955 ported bi derectional knifegate valve...so cutom cat is the only option....

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Have you tried modifying the Joint Settings through the Project Setup? Modify End 2 of the Lug joint to include WF
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

@richos69 wrote:

sorry...standard catalogue doesnt have a fig955 ported bi derectional knifegate valve...so cutom cat is the only option....

But you can insert butterfly valve from standard catalogue (with lug connection) and after that add the actuator with dimensions of 955...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Today I had the same problem. I was create new valve with Ends types GRV. Than I was going to change the end type to BV. But the End 2 didn't change, the same in your case of Lug end. 

The solution were:

1. In catalog editor change the Ends types (with option "All Ports have the same properties" disable") to BV (in your case Lug)

2. Save to catalog.

3. Duplicate the valve.

4. Turn put BV in the End type.

5. Save to catalog.

6. Put it in spec and prove.

I see that whan I duplicated component the End 2 saved the type. After this were imposible to change it. That's why I duplicated component after chage the end type.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

yes thats exactly the problem

Thanks Yuri. Ill give your workaround a try next time it happens.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost