AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EN 1092-1 - Specs And Catalog Editor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
abilioramos
3721 Views, 8 Replies

EN 1092-1 - Specs And Catalog Editor

Peter,

I need to use for my project EN 1092-1 flanges, I'm using the DIN catalog as base to create a new catalog with this EN flanges.
Procedure:

1 - I have selected one Flange E DIN 2638 from DIN catalog this is a 160 Pressure Class, and used the Add a Copy to Catalog Button.
2 - I have used this copy and modify the values to match the EN 1092-1 that I need for my project. I have modified the Pressure Class to 6 (PN 6), Part Geometry and all other propreties that I need.
3 - I have used this copy to creat all other EN 1092-1 flanges.

After I have created one Pipe Spec for my project 10C10 PN10 presure class, but here is the problem when I try to select the EN 1092-1 flanges from the catalog, all the pressure classes are together in one group even the DIN 2638 160 pressure Class that I have used to creat the catolog is part of this group.

Is this a BUG?

Please see the attached file.

PS.
AutoCAD Plant 3D is a powerfull tool, but still there a lot of sharped edges to fix.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
weiyu.xu
in reply to: abilioramos

“all the pressure classes are together in one group”

I think this is a bug, we'll look into this issue.

Thanks,
Weiyu
Message 3 of 9
MOLGRAND

Hi,
How easy a task was this catalog creation? How long did you take to do & is it a full spec containing all the flanges, & would you be happy to make it available for general use?
My gripe with this package, as with many other others, is that we are given a tool box with half the main standard tools missing & each user ends-up creating the same set of tools many times over so they can use the program.

Thanks
Gary
Message 4 of 9
DJPiper

hi guys,
actually its not a bug. its just that abilio use the ADD COPY TO CATALOG instead of DUPLICATE SELECTED PART FAMILY.
from what i understand if you want to create a new set or group of components use the duplicate.....command.
and if you want to add a component on existing group of components, use add copy to catalog command.

for duplicate selected part family, just right click any component that you want to copy, and select the duplicate selected....
and give a new family name (ex. Flange B EN 1092-1). now from there you can start editing the description and dimension

i have modified your catalog. i hope this is what you want.
Message 5 of 9
abilioramos

Thanks for the reply, but I find this catalog manager very annoying to handle.

Let’s say you want to create a new catalog only with this flanges EN 1091-1, you need to start with an existing catalog (Metric or Inches) that is fill with other pipe fittings that you don’t need in this catalog.

Then you spend a lot of time deleting those fittings that you don’t want in this catalog, and because this is SQL database (I think it is) it takes a long time to delete this items, for example try to delete all the bolts from this catalog and see how much time it takes to delete them.
But, let’s say that after delete all the unused pipe fittings, I want to add to this catalog some pipe how you do this? If you don’t have nothing in this catalog to make a copy.

I understand that this spec/catalog editor is designed to restrict the user to make catalog database mistakes. But Autodesk should find another approach to catalog creation.

I my opinion the user should be able to start with an empty catalog where he selects the type that he wants to work with, inches or metric like in the project creation wizard.

After creating this catalog it should appear one menu where he can select what to insert in the catalog, for example insert one WN flange, since each type of fitting have is different properties is should exist one for each different item, after inserting the item it should be able to edit and modify the Common Properties for this inserted item, also the ability to copy the Item should be available, and some way to group the Type/Class items.

I think this way will be much easy to manager and edit new catalogs.

It just my 2 cents

Regards,
Abilio Ramos
Message 6 of 9
harry2859

Hallo Abilioramos,
ich suche dringend Armaturen für den EN1092-1 Catalog.
Insbesondere Absperrschieber (GateValves).
Solltest Du Deinen Catalog diesbezüglich schon ergänzt haben, bitte Mail an
harald@herler.at

Thanks
Message 7 of 9
MOLGRAND

Hi,

Did you finally create this EN 1092-1 catalog? I am just about to start another project in 2012 & it would be nice to have a separate catalog for these already done without having the ball ache having to the missing flanges etc etc - that is if you don't mind sharing it.

Thanks

Gary

Message 8 of 9
alfabjorn

Hi

I'm also need the EN1092-1, so if anyone haves a good catalog for this, i will be happy to hear from you

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 9
Phylome

Thanks for the useful file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost