AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Mentor
jabowabo
Message 1 of 4 (277 Views)
Accepted Solution

DummyLeg for Horizontal Turn

277 Views, 3 Replies
09-25-2013 07:54 AM

I'm trying to create a dummy leg as shown on attached sketch.  I can't get any of the catalog supports to center on the pipe - they all default to match bottom of pipe. Does anyone know how to force the support to match center of pipe?

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 4 (263 Views)

Re: DummyLeg for Horizontal Turn

09-25-2013 09:51 AM in reply to: jabowabo

No I don't.  Thats a little unusual; virtually every dummy leg standard I've seen maintains common BOP to match the supporting steel.  May I ask what the design purpose of this configuration is?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Mentor
jabowabo
Message 3 of 4 (220 Views)

09-30-2013 06:22 PM in reply to: jabowabo
I'm not familiar with the design intent except it is for insulated pipe. I was just given the spec and told to create the items. I can get a support to center but the pipe does not cope correctly where it connects...
Mentor
jabowabo
Message 4 of 4 (203 Views)

10-01-2013 08:34 AM in reply to: jabowabo

Just as an FYI for anyone else interested:  I solved this problem by creating a dummy leg via a Python script and it works as shown on the attachment above.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community