AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
TRdesigner82
Message 1 of 4 (202 Views)
Accepted Solution

Drawing Recovery

202 Views, 3 Replies
01-07-2014 05:40 AM

In my Plant3D training class we were told not to use the Drawing Recovery. Can someone explain to me why this shouldn't be used? During a recent forum seach, I was seeing were a lot of users are using it and I'm trying to figure out if there is actually a good reason why I was told not to. Any pros/cons of using it vs. not using it?

Valued Contributor
eadkins73
Message 2 of 4 (195 Views)

Re: Drawing Recovery

01-07-2014 06:29 AM in reply to: TRdesigner82

From what I understand it has to do with the database.  Recoving the drawing puts bad data into the database.  I have had it happen were there were items in the database that were in none of the drawings and auditing the project wasn't able to get rid of it.  Things like random weld dots, duplicate components right over the top of others (i.e two of the same lines on top of each other).  Which made my BOM come out incorrect.

That's why I save often so when it crashes I only have to redo a few min of work.

Distinguished Contributor
TRdesigner82
Message 3 of 4 (161 Views)

01-08-2014 04:20 AM in reply to: eadkins73

How does this differ from going and grabbing a backed up version from before there was a problem? Wouldn't that cause similar issues? If so, what is the proper way to fix issues with a drawing that will no longer open or says it needs recovery?

Valued Contributor
eadkins73
Message 4 of 4 (146 Views)

01-08-2014 06:28 AM in reply to: TRdesigner82

That's a very good question.  I haven't tried that.  But the problem I had was fixable in recovery mode but it would have been quicker for me to redraw it.

Maybe it's possible to do a recovery, save, then remove the drawing from the project (thereby removing all the data from the database), and then re-add it to the project.  Maybe that would fix the database in that case.  I'll try next time I crash

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community