AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
getrekdent
323 Views, 4 Replies

Dimensioning

Hi I am wondering if there is a way to pull vertical dimensions in a 3d model withoug switching to an orthographic view?  I can measure horizontally in Annotate --> Dimension tab... Is there a way to measure Vertically?

BoXx ApeXx S3 Workstation - 64 GB Ram
i7 Overclocked to 5.1GHz - Nvidia Quadro P6000
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: getrekdent

Dimensioning is a 2D task/command/function.
Message 3 of 5
TRdesigner82

You have to use a DIstance command. You can measure in any plane with this but it doesn't give you an actual dimension. It lists X,Y,Z distances in the command line.

Message 4 of 5
JohnHolder

I made this much easier for myself by using macros. _view .enter. o .enter. T / B / F / BA / L / R - for which side of the view cube you want. This will rotate your view and make it TOP so you can dimension easily in 3d model space. When you are done just go back to _view .enter. o .enter. T .enter. THEN ucs w .enter. resetting the UCS to world is important expecially if you are using XREF's in your drawing. They may insert incorrectly if you do NOT reset it before you save. eg if the UCS is 'unnamed' and you insert an XREF it may not insert on 0,0,0

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 5 of 5
JohnHolder
in reply to: JohnHolder

my appologies.. it was nicely spaced so it was easy to read, but the forum hates that, and collapsed it.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost