AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Program Icon/Shortcut

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1299 Views, 2 Replies

Desktop Program Icon/Shortcut

Hello!

Trying to find the AutoCad Icon location. I'm trying to put my autocad and Plant 3D and Mechanical on Circle Dock (a usefull desktop-free-of-clutter tool - keeps all my software shortcuts in one place).

The Problem: Whatever AutoCad I drag onto Circle Dock  It Always shows the standard autocad, so not the Plant 3D one nor the Mechanical One. I have to hover the mouse over to get the text to know what I am click on. The link is good but the Icon is wrong.

How can I solve this problem? I adress this problem toAutodesk and not to the creator of the above mentioned software because the rest of my programs work jut fine. Also in the picture you can also see that the Spec Editor Icon is missing as well.

From what I have discoverred AutoCad keeps all it's icons in the CUI. I cannot find the .ico file or the .png that I need. How can I extract the Icons from the cui and make them .ico or .png?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The Icon is embedded in a exe-file.

Search for Acad162_icon.exe in Explorer.

It will be probably be located in a windows installer folder.

Copy the one with the Plant3D icon to where ever you want.

Then you just change the icon through properties on the shortcut. If that's possible through that program you're running.

//Mikael

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have previusly searched for that Acad162_icon. Also for ACA2013 plain Autocad and Acm13Icon for Mechanical. The only icon is  ACA2013, the rest are applications.

I have done shortcuts to those applications but still I couldn't extract the icon.

So, how can I extract the icons from theese application, for plant de app in 578kb and for mech is 1.1mb.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost