AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Nozzle

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
kumarswapan64
2448 Views, 19 Replies

Delete Nozzle

How to delete Nozzle from the equipmet?

is there any option?

please help me.....

Swapan Kumar
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
mikael
in reply to: kumarswapan64

Hi,

Edit nozzle, click change location,  then  click remove.

See attatched files.

//Mikael

Message 3 of 20
kumarswapan64
in reply to: mikael

Dear Mikel.

thanks for your reply.

I tried with that, but remove option is not coming. see the attached snapshot.

Swapan Kumar
Message 4 of 20
mikael

Maybe you should try to run ”PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe” and clear the cache. It should be in ”c:\program files\Autodesk\AutoCADPlant3D2013 – english".

I've had this problem myself, can't remember exactly what we did about i though.

//Mikael

Message 5 of 20
mikael

I've also been told to try running the "PlantAudit"command in Plant3D at some point.

//Mikael

Message 6 of 20

The technique depends on the version.

Prior the 2012, you can select the nozzle with CTRL+left click and delete.

In 2013 select the equipment, edit the nozzle by clicking on the pencil mark, go to change location and there you can remove the nozzle.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 7 of 20
kumarswapan64

Still I am not getting the Remove option,

moreover, Nozzle size, Pressure Class is not being changed. I change to 200ND, but it's coming with 100ND.

nozzle is coming from the center of the tank, not from the wall of tank.

if I change the dimension nozzle is fitted inside the tank.

this is equipment made in autocad plant 3D with autocad modelling commands.

also let me know how to attach more than one file with this message.

Swapan Kumar
Message 8 of 20

see the snapshot.

Swapan Kumar
Message 9 of 20
mikael

Your snapshots isn't showing. Can you repost them.

//Mikael

Message 10 of 20
kumarswapan64

Swapan Kumar
Message 11 of 20
mikael

Hi again,

The snapshots are still not showing.

//Mikael

Message 12 of 20
Rich.O.3d

you didnt by chance run a recover on the dwg file did you?

Just in case you didnt know...DO NOT RUN RECOVER on plant 3d files, recover only audits the dwg and if there are discrepancies with the dwg and the corresponding object in the database, your file will not 'play nice' and could corrupt your database further

try removing the dwg from the project (dont delete it, just select it in the browser, right click and remove from project) then audit your project, then re-add the file

Edit: this is an old topic...http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/nozzle-bug-or-just-me/m-p/3613952#M6939

ignore the last post by dalead, guy must be tripping (or didnt read the whole thread)

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 13 of 20
kumarswapan64
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

yes I did run a "recover"

now what shou I do?

Now I am able to change the size but Flange spec and Pressure class cannot be changed. Please provide me the solution.

How to Cange the Pressure Class And Nozzle spec? By default it is coming DIN 2638, I want to change it in ANSI B 16.5 and also add the presure class 150LB, 300LB .... etc.

Swapan Kumar
Message 14 of 20
dave.wolfe

Ok, I'm not sure where we stand any more.

To delete a nozzle from a piece of equipment created through the Equipment dialog, ctrl+click to select and then hit the Delete key on your keyboard.

To delete a nozzle that has been added to a converted piece of equipment, ctrl+click the nozzle, click the pencil icon to edit, go to the Location tab and click remove.

I didn't see where you had your first question answered, but maybe I missed something.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 15 of 20
Rich.O.3d

remove dwg from project, audit project (not sure if the audit is completely necessary but I would do it anyway), then re add your dwg to the project this should put the dwg and the database back in sync

let me know if it also solves your nozzle issue

CAD Management 101:
Message 16 of 20
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: dave.wolfe

ive had it before, when the nozzle in the drawing looses its conection to the object in the database, it becomes unresponsive to normal editing, i think the remove or edit was even greyed out and when i tried to edit the equipment, autocad froze or had major graphics issues

the remove and re add thing solved a few other issues to from memory...it nearly a year ago now...cant find a job using plant am stuck in 2d autocad at a manufacturing facility for now 😞

CAD Management 101:
Message 17 of 20
kumarswapan64

Nozzle delete problem is now perfectly ok.

Now I am able to delete the Nozzle. thanks for your help.

now th problem is Flange spec and Pressure class cannot be changed. By default it is coming DIN 2632 I want to change it to ANSI B16.5 and class 150#, 300# etc. Please provide me the solution

One more problem that I tried with 3D model attached with the parametric template equipment, and nozzle has come but problem is that this is a open tank, nozzle is showing from center of the equipment, if I reduce the length of nozzle dimension then nozzle is going inside the tank.

Please provide me the solution...

Swapan Kumar
Message 18 of 20

The below workflow helps in nozzle deletion.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/11/editing-and-deleting-nozzles-in-plant-3d/

Swapan, I am look into your data for changing pressure class. I will get back to you on that soon.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 19 of 20
wowiwo

press ctrl +left click on nozzle, then press the delete on keyboard.

Message 20 of 20
patpat79

Are you saying that your equipment is from 3d model converted to plantequipment? Haven't you used the attach item to equipment command? I far as I know, nozzles from converted equipments has special nozzles which are invisible, only have teardrops if not connected. Just ctrl+click the nozzle to pick it, if picked, hit delete button, or command erase. That's it

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost