AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Project Pathing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
philip
1169 Views, 5 Replies

Default Project Pathing

Is there any where / way of changing the DefaultProject pathing, wanting to point to a server locations instead of c: location as I am not the only one in our office creating projects and am wanting to do add some user specs, iso types etc to the default setup and am not wanting to go around updating everyone c: defaultProject path each time some thing changes.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: philip

the search tool works really well

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Changing-shared-content-directory-setting/m-p/2721221...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Change-directory-of-nozzle-catalog/m-p/3063972#M2607

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 6
RSFAdsk

Hello,

If you are looking to change the default path for new projects.  That is something controlled simply by the Windows My Documents (aka Documents) setting which defaults to C:\users\<username>\Documents.  You can set the properties  Location (image attached) to something else and AP3D will recognize it with newproject.  But I dont think this can be set for just projects.

If you are looking to change the path AP3D catalogs, in AP3D 2011 it is set during install (but the links listed above offer a workaround).   In AP3D 2012 I recommend running the Spec Editor (important: you must launch it using Run as administrator) and then using the Modify Shared Content folder (image attached)

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
philip
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Thanks guys, i think i should have explained a bit more

Looking at P3D 2012

Have mapped catalogues/specs to a network location works great (covered by other forum messages)

I'm Happy with pointing the New projects to network location and creating files there.

What i was trying to ask was when i create a project I believe the Project Manager uses the "default project" as a start point and copies these files to the new project location.

Are we able to copy this "Default Project file system" "c:\user\****\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autocad Plant 3D 2012 - English\r18.2\enu\DefaultProject" to something like "*:\Plant3d2012\DeFaultProject" *=mapped network drive

This would enable me to make changes to Default Project in one location & have the other P3D users start new projects with these revised settings etc

Or am I required to make changes/copies of the changes to the Default Project on each workstation?

Hope this has cleared up what I was meaning.

Message 5 of 6
Rich.O.3d

you could create a project on the server called yourcomponynameDefaultProject. use the one on your c drive as the template...then point the other users to the one on the server to use for there template

or

I think you may be able to just copy the foder to the server and when in project setup wizard tick the copy settings from existing project and browse to the project.xml in the network location

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 6 of 6
steve.lozano

Hi Philip,

I am trying to do the same thing. Did you ever get this to work?

Much Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost