AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datas overwritten after import of P3d file into the project

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
SamScopeo
508 Views, 8 Replies

Datas overwritten after import of P3d file into the project

Hi,

When I import a new P3D files into my project, it is possible that some PnPId of 3dpipelinegroup in the imported file already exist in the project. Even if the 3dpipelinegroups are completly different.

If a PnPId of 3dpipelinegroup already exist, the existing data are overwritten and replaced by those which are in the file imported.

This is not acceptable. The new imported 3dgrouplines have to be added to the project database and they don't have to overwrite the existing ones.

Hi

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Dan.Scales
in reply to: SamScopeo

Hi,

You could create an assembly block of the pipes and explode it on insert. Doing it that way will create new entities in the project so nothing will be overwritten.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 9
SamScopeo
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi Dan

Your method don"t succed on my projets : no 3dpipelinegroups are created and all data of 3dpipelinegroups copied are lost

regards

Sam

Message 4 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi,

Could you provide a detailed description of the workflow that you use for importing data from one project to another so that I can try to reproduce your issue here?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 9
SamScopeo

Hi Dan

Make two project,

- in one create a 3dpipelinegroup  tag (example AAA) with a PnPId (example 063152),

- in the second one create a 3dpipelinegroup tag (example BBB) but with the same PnPId (063152).

Then into the first project with 3dpipelinegroup tag AAA, import (right click n project manager windows) the file from the second project with the 3dpipelinegroup tag BBB.

Then look at the 3dpipelinegroup list : the AAA is lost

Message 6 of 9
SamScopeo

The PnPId is a key identification auto-generated. So in two different project It is possible than the same PnPId  be generated.

So, in the second project you can create several 3dpipelinegroup until to obtain the same PnPId than in the first project …and test the importation.

Message 7 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi Sam,

It is not completely clear to me if you are talking about importing drawings from one project to another or an exported report.

Please clarify this.

The more detail you can provide the better.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 8 of 9
SamScopeo

Hi Dan,

I did not talk about "exported report", I said "When I import a new P3D file into my project,.." means "importing drawings from one project to another"

Regards

Sam

Message 9 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi Sam,

My confusion was caused by the terminology in your workflow description "import (right click n project manager windows)". The "Import" function allows you to import an exported report.

With regard to copying a drawing from one project into another, the PnPID numbers should be re-generated so duplicated numbers should not be an issue. I have tested this in Plant 3D 2014 and can confirm that new PnPID numbers are assigned.

What version of Plant 3D are you using?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost