AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager P&ID versus P3D

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dennis
479 Views, 1 Reply

Data Manager P&ID versus P3D

Here is the scenario:

I have a pump in P&ID whose MFG is set to ACME.  I use the Data Mgr to input that info.

Next I go to the P3D, place the pump and assign the tag info to match the P&ID.  The MFG value (ACME) doesn't come over.

I thought the Data Mgr would coordinate this info, and then noticed, depending on the drawing I am in: a 3D dwg = Plant 3D Project Data, while a P&ID = P&ID Project Data.

So if I use the DataMgr (as well as the export/import from Excel) it only updates the specific environment P&ID or P3D, but not both.

Questions:

1) Is it actually two different databases of data? Or just two areas of the same database?

2) Is there a workflow that I am missing that could have it update both environments with a single entry?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dennis
in reply to: dennis

I have found out that it is two databases, one for the 2D P&Id and then one for the 3D P3D models.  Of course the Validate can be used to check the data coordination, but it appears that there is still the situation where you will have to fill in the data twice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost