AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI Pipe Spec Plant 3D 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dennis
597 Views, 3 Replies

DI Pipe Spec Plant 3D 2012

I need to build a pipe spec for ductile iron Class 150LB.  There is an existing one provided out of the box, but is missing most all the sizes I need.  However, the DI 250LB has all the sizes I need.  Would it be simple enough to just duplicate the DI 250LB and change the 250 to 150 on the general and all sizes list?  Or are there other differences that I don't see right off?

Any sugggestions for this are welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JohnHolder
in reply to: dennis

First thing that comes to mind - are the pipe/fittings the same size dimentionally? and if they are not, how exact does your drawing need to be?

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 3 of 4
dennis
in reply to: JohnHolder

I have checked thru the different blocks and they appear to be the same size.  I do not know though if 'something' in background of the program may be scaling or doing something different.

Message 4 of 4
JohnHolder
in reply to: dennis

You can open the spec's in the <spec editor> and check the values to see if there are values in the background that may need to be changed.

You could just copy the spec rename it and edit the information.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost