AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Mentor
tmccar
Message 1 of 5 (294 Views)

Custom part not to scale

294 Views, 4 Replies
10-12-2012 02:57 AM

I have created a custom part with PLANTPARTCONVERT and then I used PLANTCUSTOMPARTS to insert the part into a new drawing. It seems to insert at a remote distance from where the insertion point is, and is scaled down much smaller than the original part is. The ports seem to be detached from the part itself also.

Where am I going wrong in this?

Vrocha5
Message 2 of 5 (101 Views)

Re: Custom part not to scale

04-23-2014 08:57 AM in reply to: tmccar

I am having the same problem... but my parts are all scaling up. Only one part of the same family came in at the right size. As you can see it the picture, my 3" flange insert valve is not fitting in between the two flanges like the 2" valve does

Mentor
tmccar
Message 3 of 5 (83 Views)

04-24-2014 02:59 AM in reply to: Vrocha5

Explode the Plant entity, and check the X, Y and Z scales of the block. They should all be 1. If not, explode the block and re-create it. Re-check that the scale is now 1, and you can proceed to PLANTPARTCONVERT it.

Distinguished Contributor
patpat79
Message 4 of 5 (62 Views)

04-28-2014 12:35 AM in reply to: tmccar

First of all, know your project units. Second, identify your drawing units. Make sure they are the same. If metric is the project unit, use milimeter, then proceed on making your 3d model part into a Block. Then Use the plantpart convert. If you follow those instruction. Your item will be on scale as you desire.

Distinguished Contributor
patpat79
Message 5 of 5 (61 Views)

04-28-2014 12:35 AM in reply to: tmccar

First of all, know your project units. Second, identify tour drawing units. Make sure they are the same. If metric is the project unit, use milimeter, then proceed on making your 3d model part into a Block. Then Use the plantpart convert. If you follow those instruction. Your item will be on scale as you desire.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community