AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Stub-in to elbows

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
joachim.oelschlagel
2364 Views, 10 Replies

Custom Stub-in to elbows

Hi,

I have tried to make stub-ins in elbows for long thermo wells since 2011 release, and it seems like it's still not possible in 2013 release. Someone knows of a workaround to this?

Snip below illustrates where i would like to make the stub in: (Note that it's not connected in my example)

24-01-2013 08-46-23.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Click the + grip off the corner of the elbow, hit S for Size and enter the size you want.   THe insertion options are somewhat limited, but you can use the connectionoffset option to move it up our down on the elbow.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 11
liuyong816
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Hi dave:

I want to show the connection offset value on the iso to reduce the counculation work from the connection coordination, is there any possible way to config?

Thanks a lot !

Message 4 of 11

Thanks Dave,

I managed to get it right on a horizontal pipe that turns upwards. Then I tried on a horisontal bend (which did not work), and then I tried to continue on the first pipe run (see attached picture).

In both cases I use your method with "connectionoffseT" and I use distance: -((Bend radius)/2)

Slightly confused Smiley Frustrated

28-01-2013 08-09-46.jpg

Message 5 of 11
Layout-Bob
in reply to: Layout-Bob

Hmm.

Seems like the original post were posted from my suscription-center login which is my real name.

Regards

Joachim

Message 6 of 11
dave.wolfe

Yea, it doesn't seem like there are enough options on the offset.  

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 11
kaisakol

Thank you.

Message 8 of 11
Jan-TSpD
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Hello,

is there a solution for this issue in P3D 2015? I want a stub in on an elbow to be on a certain elevation as shown in attached image.

A lot of placement settings are available, but i don't see the right one for this one.

regards, Jan

Message 9 of 11
patpat79
in reply to: Jan-TSpD

havent you tried using route pipe, then snap to nearest?

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 10 of 11
Layout-Bob
in reply to: patpat79

So.... This is still an issue for me. Now with the 2014 version. I do see that there have been several improvements to the stub-in functionality, but this issue seems to be unresolved. Any new tips for me out there? Thanks!

Message 11 of 11
Dan.Scales

Hi,

I will log a feature enhancement request with our developers to allow for more options when placing a stub-in on an elbow.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost