AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Contributor
Proccie
Message 1 of 3 (221 Views)
Accepted Solution

Custom Property from Catalog Editor to 3D Model

221 Views, 2 Replies
09-29-2013 11:22 PM

Is anyone aware of a way to bring a custom property created in your Catalog Editor (even Spec Editor) to be brought across to your model?

I came across this article:

http://blogs.rand.com/architectural/2012/10/custom-catalog-properties-for-plant-3d.html

However I cannot seem to get the values I have created to come across from the Spec Editor to the Plant 3D piping Model.

Example, I wanted to create a custom property in Spec/Catalog Editor called PipeID, which will show values of the ID of piping components.

I imagine this requires some sort of XML editing to get this "mapping" right?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Valued Contributor
peter.jansoone
Message 2 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: Custom Property from Catalog Editor to 3D Model

10-01-2013 12:43 AM in reply to: Proccie

If you create properties with the same name (100 % exactly !!) in catalog, spec and project, the information wil flow through.

If it doesn't work, try a name wthout characters 'ID' in it, that might trigger special actions.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Greenock CAD service
Contributor
Proccie
Message 3 of 3 (185 Views)

Re: Custom Property from Catalog Editor to 3D Model

10-01-2013 01:11 AM in reply to: peter.jansoone

Hi Peter

Thanks, your second suggestion seemed to work.

I tried changing ID to "LinerDiameter" and it seemed to bring the values across. As you mentioned, "ID" may have another trigger associated to it.

Thanks very much

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community