AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Parts fail

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
blorich
413 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Parts fail

I have created three custom parts,  And as per my connection settings page I have filled out the important information

Orifice Plate

ND = 6"

ENDtypes =WF

Facings= RF

Presure Class = 300

Then I created two custom Orifice Flanges(they are the same

ND = 6"

Endtypes = FL

Facings =  RF

PressureClass = 300

So according to what I need to connect parts, those are the correct settings that would allow me to flange the orifice plate allowing it to place a gasket on one side and a gasket&boltset on the other.  Everytime I try, I place one flange on, and it connects, either with the both or just tje gasket, but when i place the other side I get an error that says  

Parts do not fit.

And thats it, thats the only thing it says, not even a what doesnt fit.  

can anyone else try this and let me know there connection settings, or how they get a WF end to connect.  Maybe it's because i made custom parts and the program doesn't seem to like anything outside of what it already has created.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
OmarGT
in reply to: blorich

Which is the error message that appears?

Message 3 of 4
blorich
in reply to: OmarGT

"Parts do not fit."

That is the error message. nothing else.

Message 4 of 4
OmarGT
in reply to: blorich

It sounds strange for me. What I think is that maybe an attribute does not match, since the orifice flanges have more than two ports maybe an attribute is misplaced. Why don't you compare your orifice flange against a default one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost