AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a New Project based on existing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jwrampe
863 Views, 3 Replies

Creating a New Project based on existing

Given the orthographic limitations (other threads on this board), my company has decided to split an existing project into multiple P3D projects to keep the number of ortho sheets to a minimum in each project.  To move some of our files to the new working project, I felt it necessary to make sure all the settings were identical between the two projects.

Project 1:  Transitioned to SQL server from SQL lite recently.  There are some custom properties that have been added in pick lists.  These properties are driving coloring in the model.  For modeling, this project has been working as expected.  The custom property is called "fluidcode" (see attached images).

Project 2:  Created fresh on SQL server.  Chose to use the Project 1 "Project.xml" file as a basis when creating the project.  Project 2 created as expected; however, when I try to verify layer and color settings I'm greeted with an error (attahced).  I assumed the pick list information did not copy to the new project, yet I found on SQL server the "PnPPicklists" table and "PnPPicklistvalues" table were complete as expected.

These are not the only picklists (out of box pick lists didn't copy either).  My next step is to create a blank project from scratch and manually enter the pick lists, acquisition properties, tagging formats and annotations.  I really don't want to do that, so if anyone has any insight regarding table linkage issues, please comment!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dsmeisle
in reply to: jwrampe

Did you try the Plant 3D hot fix?  See the post from Feb 23 for the hot fix.  The first fix listed is "Creating a project based on another project - Corrected a problem that prevented the creation of a new project based on an existing project." 

Good Luck..

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: dsmeisle

latest hotfixes: http://autocad.autodesk.com/?nd=servicepacks

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
jwrampe
in reply to: jwrampe

Thank you.  I'd seen the hotfixes, but somehow glossed over the P3D part and dismissed them as "P&ID...I'll do it later".  Worked like a charm this time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost