AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Equipment for 3D Models

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
RoldanDH
3741 Views, 8 Replies

Create New Equipment for 3D Models

Please I need your help urgently. I can not continue working in AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 because I do not know how to solve the following problems.

I would like to exchange ideas with experts and users via email

Thanks for your help,  Roldan Duarte  rduarte@cantv.net   roldan.duarte99@gmail.com

1. The Create Equiment dialog box should have a Nozzles tab to add all the Nozzles required. This way the user does not waste time inserting the nozzles after closing the dialog box.
  2. Data Manager does not import all changes made in Excel. Apparently there is a limit in the number of changes that can be imported. Not all changes can be accepted, so far I do not know which is the reason
  3. The Add Nozzle dialog box in metric units must include sizes up to 1828.8 mm (72”) for Man Ways  The maximum size in the dialog box is 500 mm 
  4. New Equipment (Fractionating Towers, Boilers, Cooling Towers, Fin Fan Coolers, etc.) should be added to the current Create Equipment list
  5. The Create Equipment à Fractionating Tower dialog box should include 12 Nozzles (3 Manways and 9 piping nozzles). This way the user does not waste time inserting 12 nozzles to the new Fractionating Tower
  6. The Create Equipment à Boiler dialog box should include the different types of Boilers used in Industrial Plants, with the typical components: drums, dearators, boiler feed water pumps, superheaters, waste heat exchangers, etc  This way AutoCAD Plant 3D allows creation of new Systems, not only Equipment  similar to Revit approach.
  7. When creating an Equipment Template from an existing Equipment, 8 of the 11 nozzles are lost. I used the Fractionating Tower in the Sample Project.  Another problem is that new Nozzles can not be added.  Another problem is that the Units for Length and Pressure are not updated
  8. When inserting a Block created with the command Write Block, the Block is no visible. The List command confirms that the block is in the drawing, but can not be seen.  Layers are On and not Frozen. The Visibility commands are normal

Thanks for your help,  Roldan Duarte  rduarte@cantv.net   roldan.duarte99@gmail.com

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dave.wolfe
in reply to: RoldanDH

1.  That would be one way of doing it, but currently, you can see where the nozzle will be placed and edit the dimensions using direct input.  I happen to like the current way better.

2.  Which columns are you trying to change values on?

3.  You can customize your nozzle catalog to include more sizes.

4.  The equipment class list is not complete, but personally I don't think it could be.  You have to figure how you want to organize your equipment with the current list. 

5.  You can create an equipment templates so that you do not have to create the same vessel multiple times.

6.  Package design is outside of the intended scope of the Equipment modeler.  While it would be handy, I think the developer's would not be the most suitable package designer's, eh?

7.  I have not seen this error before.  Could you start a separate post and we can see if anyone else as run across it?

8.  If you could start a separate post, and upload the block, we could all take a look at it and see what is going on.  At first guess, it sounds like nothing was saved when you created the block.  Perhaps you can navigate to where you saved the block, open it, and see if it is blank.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 9
Gabriel.N

Hello,

I do agree.

Another problem is: there is no option to edit a converted Equipment, Pipe Suport and Attachment Items.

If you have to change something, you will have to re imput all data including nozzels, besides losing all pipe connections.

It should be possible to remove specific items from the attachment.

Message 4 of 9
dave.wolfe

FYI, we just posted an article on how to get your own equipment into the menu:

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/05/adding-custom-equipment-to-the-plant-menu/

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 9
RobertBenz3551

OK, trying to build a vessel in autocad plant.  I can click on the vessel to add a nozzle but I cant seem to delete a nozzle.  So I have friggen 10 nozzles and counting.  WTH>?

I watch the video and theres a tab for adding or substracting nozzles but not with this version 2013???

****, by the time I get proficient Ill be pushing daisies. 

Message 6 of 9
dave.wolfe
in reply to: RobertBenz3551

Hold Ctrl and click on the nozzle. You can delete it then.  Plant 3D uses the Ctrl+click for components that are group with other components, like nozzles and connector components.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 9
RobertBenz3551
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Dear Sir,

The ctrl click on the nozzle does not do anything.  There's a pop up that states "ctrl + click to edit" but nothing happens except it prompting me the same thing - like there's no function call.  

Should I go back to 2012?  I'm stuck and have to get a drawing out but now every vertical tank I put in has 10 nozzles (and counting) I can't seem to edit?

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
dave.wolfe
in reply to: RobertBenz3551

Ctrl+click and then hit the Delete button on your keyboard.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 9 of 9

I figured it out.  I had to switch from Realistic to 2D Wireframe, then I could ctrl click and then the ctrl+click would allow me to delete the nozzle.  I suspect this is a bug since I could go back to realistic and the ctrl+click would work for a couple of deletes, but then the function would stop until I would switch back to 2d wireframe.  Wierd. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost