AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Equipment - Cannot add nozzles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pkw167
892 Views, 3 Replies

Create Equipment - Cannot add nozzles

I have made a couple of simple equipment and add them as templates.  the first time i created them, I was able to add nozzles to locations that i wanted by clicking on the +nozzle icon after selecting the piece of equipment.  But later, when I reopen the model and want to add that piece of equipment to the model using the template, the nozzles no long are showing up and when i try to use the +nozzle icon, the add nozzle dialog box flashes then goes away.. I'm left with these in lines in the command lines:

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pkw167
in reply to: pkw167

After some testing, I figured out that this started to happen after we copied the catalog files from my C: drive to a network location, and had the Spec Editor to point to that network location.  As soon as I pointed the catalog files back to the on in C: the error went away. 

Any thoughts on this and work arounds so we can store and point the catalog files in a network location so all workstations are on the same catalog?

thanks

Message 3 of 4
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: pkw167

I think that once your cats are moved, if you then open your specs with spec editor and repoint them to the cats on your network drive (should say 'cant find catalog...' browse to new location, then resave the specs.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 4 of 4
phil.cooper
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

do you know if there is a way of moving the nozzle catalogue onto a network, at the minute it is on my C drive and i cant figure out how to change where p3d looks for it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost