AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Active Contributor
milan.blom
Message 1 of 3 (382 Views)
Accepted Solution

Convert settings Autoplant catalog

382 Views, 2 Replies
10-29-2012 01:36 AM

I'm trying to import a Autoplant catalog into Plant3D using the Convert option in Speceditor.

For some components I need to use the pulled bend (CPBP) component in P3D. To achive this i'm trying to adjust the Geometry Mapping in the Convert settings for Autoplant. I need to change the 'CPB - BW' setting to 'CPBP - BW'. 

However, although I can delete the exisitng items, when I try to add an extra item by typing 'CPBP' in the 'Add script name' fleld and either use the Tab key or clicking the '+', the entry disappears and the field stays empty, or I get an error: "Please enter a valid name"

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

See also attached screenshot

Convert settings.jpg

Active Contributor
tarrynd
Message 2 of 3 (338 Views)

Re: Convert settings Autoplant catalog

11-02-2012 03:51 AM in reply to: milan.blom

Hi There,

This is a bug, but there is a work around. What you will need to do is edit inside the ATPtoP3DGeometryMapping.xml

Firstly make sure to make a copy of the ATPtoP3DGeometryMapping.xml before editing

Inside the xml file search for "AT_ELBOW_LR_90"

Then you will add in the following (underneath the line <ScriptMatchCollection>):

<P3dScriptMatch>
                <Name>CPBP</Name>
                    <PropertyValues>
                       <string>BW</string>
                     </PropertyValues>
                </P3dScriptMatch>

So it should look like the attached screen shot.

Then when you re open the mapping settings for the AutoPlant to AutoCAD Plant 3D it will look like the 2nd image I have attached.

Hope this helps.

Tarryn

Active Contributor
milan.blom
Message 3 of 3 (325 Views)

Re: Convert settings Autoplant catalog

11-02-2012 04:52 AM in reply to: tarrynd

Tarryn,

Thanks a lot, that helps.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community