AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Equipments

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Gabriel.N
1420 Views, 9 Replies

Connecting Equipments

It is possible to connect equipments, for example a heat exchanger and a column?  Or in my case a reboiler and an evaporator.

See the attached image.

Another problem I'm facing is, in the case of a customized equipment, after being converted, I can not change anything without exploding, and thus have to reenter all the information again: nozzles, tags etc. Is it possible to make changes to a customized equipment without exploding?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jenakap1
in reply to: Gabriel.N

What you are trying should be possible.  What end conditions are you using?

-
Pat Jenakanandhini
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Message 3 of 10
BuddyLegnon

This is an interesting topic. Typically, piping of some type connects equipment to equipment. perhaps a custom part to connect the two?

Can you tell us what have you tried so far?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button (you must be logged in). This helps everyone find answers more quickly.
Message 4 of 10
fbeer42

Hi,

connecting equipment is possible using the context menu option "Connect Component to Adjacent", provided that the nozzles match. For flanged nozzles, the equipment needs to be placed such that there is exactly enough gap between the nozzles so that the gasket can be placed between the flanges. For butt weld connections, no such distance is needed.

Regarding updating the graphics without reentering all the info, you can first create a block, e.g. TANK99, and convert this block into equipment. Then you can either use BLOCKREPLACE to update the graphics for TANK99 or use BEDIT - the graphics will change but all equipment information will stay the same. You may need to adjust nozzle locations to match the new graphics.

HTH!

regards,

Felix

Autodesk Plant Solutions
AEC Industry Group

Message 5 of 10
JohnHolder

I have a similar issue.  But I only use PVC pipe, but when I attempt to add a nozzle it only has flanged or steel nozzles.

It will not allow me to connet to PVC Pipe.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 6 of 10
fbeer42
in reply to: JohnHolder

You can add additional nozzles to the "NOZZLE Catalog.acat", or copy and modify existing nozzle part families using the Specs and Catalogs editor.

HTH!

regards,

Felix

Autodesk Plant Solutions
AEC Industry Group

Message 7 of 10
Gabriel.N
in reply to: fbeer42

Thank you all for your attention, it helped me a lot.

Another question, how to use slip-on flange on the equipments instead of Weldneck flange?
Message 8 of 10
MOLGRAND

Hi,

I have created threaded nozzles to suit BSPT connections without problem & have been using this for a while on my equipment, all pipework & fittings connect without problem. However on my Iso drgs it always reports as an open pipe & no equipment tagging is shown - can someone advise my error, or if I have to create a tag to show up.

Thanks

Gary

Message 9 of 10
MOLGRAND
in reply to: MOLGRAND

Hi,

I have just run a number of Iso drgs on the threaded specification pipework within my model & have found one of them to show the equipment nozzle complete with correct tag number etcSmiley Happy. The only difference between this line & the others which showed an open pipe message was the PD3 CONNECTOR, it was unassigned & the others had the correct line numbering!!! I went through the model & unassigned this PD3 CONNECTOR on each item of equipment & re-ran them all again - they now show the equipment!!! Why is this? I also had a few breaks on the threaded pipework where I change line number - again I unassigned the joining PD3 CONNECTOR & again run the Isos - all Iso drgs now show the correct continuation!! Why is this.

Help would be appreciated to understand what's happening.

Using P3D 2012

Cheers

Gary

Message 10 of 10
atul_0775

dear friend

i am make many difrent type of module but i want to add in P3D plantequipmentcreater manu so suggest me right step .

existing model in this manu have all flange are weldneck if i am used slipon flange same flange required in equipmen what is step for change this flage?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost