AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check orthographic views

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
alexander..sokolov
897 Views, 3 Replies

Check orthographic views

Hello!

Please, give me an answer!

I have big model with many different pipes, equipments in one file. And I made 30 different orthographic views (isolate different part). And in the end of my work I want to check my orthographic views to be sure that orthographic views be adequate to model.

Step 1: I have to make view of my model like some orthographic view, and than click check and update on this orthographic view.

And I need make it 30 times, yes?

Is there any other way to check orthographic views?

I will be happy to get any advice to find solution of this!!!

Thanks!

Alexander Sokolov

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can right-click an ortho drawing in the project manager to update all of the drawing's views at once.
Message 3 of 4

ОК, thank you! I attach 3 pictures, please look at them. 

PICTURE 1: iT'S MY MODEL (all layer turn on, and showing all objects in the model  - my work state)

PICTURE 2: ONE OF MY ORTOGAPHIC DRAWING (I've made it earlier)

And for example: If I work with model (all layer turn on, and showing all objects in the model  - my work state) and want to check my ortographic drawing and click on update all view, I will see next: 

PICTURE 3: MY ORTOGAPHIC DRAWING AFTER MAKE UPDATE - APPEARS MANY OBJECTS THAT I DON'T WANNA SEE!!! Therefore before make update orto drawing I have to make view of model like view of orto drawing for update!!! And if I have for example 20 orto drawing, and if I want check them, I have to 20 times make change view state of my model???? Yes? (I think it's very painful)

Thanks, Alexander Sokolov

Message 4 of 4

ortho drawings use settings for layers and visibility from the actual model. Therefore a refresh in the ortho can give an unwanted result.

You could save the layer state of a model before creating the ortho and reset that when you pdate the ortho.

You can also create a blank drawing and xrefs your actual models in there, set properties for color, layer etc and use that for the ortho. This drawing wil keep its settings.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost