AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the service after line is routed.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rerskins
1641 Views, 8 Replies

Changing the service after line is routed.

I'm trying to find out how to change the service of a line after the line has been routed. The tag format for new lines works fine, the service can be chosen from a selection list, but I can't change the service after the line is routed.

The service property is set to "Acquire mode: from P3d Line Group.Service" Do I have to change it to "Override Mode"? If so, how do I change the service listed in the Line Number Tag. Example: "109-FG-1CS1-4" should be changed to "109-FW-1CS1-4". I'd hate to delete the entire line just to change one aspect of the Line Number Tag.

Thanks,

Ryan Erskins

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JohnHolder
in reply to: rerskins

While the drawing is open,

Open <Data Manager>

Bottom Left corner of that window

<Order by Object Type> -- Change this to <Order by Area>

open up your area, then click <Pipe Lines>  - do not need to open it up, just click on it.

here you have all the line numbers and the Nominal spec nominal size and Service

you can change it there.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 3 of 9
rerskins
in reply to: JohnHolder

John, 

Thank you for the tip, but when I did as you instructed, the "Service" column was greyed out. I believe that the column is locked. I also tried exporting to excel, unlocking the cells, changing the service then importing back into Data Manager. It didn't help? 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan.

Message 4 of 9
dave.wolfe

Is the service set to read-only in your setup for P3d Line Groups?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 9
rerskins

Dave,

No, it is not set to read only. The only ones that are read only are: Locked, LockedBy, and LockedTimestamp.

I've included two screen captures, one of the P3d Line Group properties and the other is the line number Tag Format.

Thank you all for your help,

Ryan.

Message 6 of 9
dave.wolfe

Can you show a screenshot of the data manager...that's where it should work.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 9
rerskins
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Dave,

Attached is a capture of the Data Manager, Order By Area, Line 109 selected and the Service column apparently locked.

Thank you once again.

Ryan.

Message 8 of 9
dave.wolfe

Select the Pipe Lines item, not the specific line.  The service is acquired from the line group that the component belongs to.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 9 of 9
rerskins

Dave, 

That's great, I was able to select and change the service of the line. The service for each component has been updated to the corrected code.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

After changing the service in the Data Manager, you should then select the line/components that need to be changed or corrected. Then from the properties pallet choose "New" from the Line Number Tag selection list. The service property has been pulled from the Data Manager and you can assign the new corrected line number to the selected components.

Is that correct?

Thank you all,

Ryan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost