AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find symbol for specified part.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JohnHolder
1137 Views, 2 Replies

Can't find symbol for specified part.

I am getting a wierd error with <Can't find symbol for specified part.>

Custom fittings, all blocks, plantpartconverted all in the same file for 90 deg Ells.

All fittings from 1/2" to 12" work fine, 16", 18" 20" 24" can't find the symbol. so I get a placeholder.

I open the file with the blocks.  they are all in there.

I open the file with Spec editor 2013 and I have 4 extra bocks 16" 18" 20" 24" but with a different name - the difference

is "16 Inch 90 Ell" vs "16 Inch 90 Elbow"  but there is no block "16 Inch 90 Elbow" in the file.

I did not migrate the catalog, since they are all custom blocks it just doesn't work, I remade my entire catalog again.

Yes I know spears has released another catalog, but it is still mostly unuseable since it is missing too many pipe fittings and parametric modeling within spec editor is not really an option since I have already modeled all the fittings.

so am I going to have to redo everything again?  

I am getting a little frustrated so I just hope I am missing something simple.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.wolfe
in reply to: JohnHolder

In your content folder, do you have a folder called CatalogSupportFolders?  When I created custom parts, the program made that folder and put in a subfolder that has each custom part size.  Check the original catalog location, and see if your new catalog location has a similar folder with the same drawing.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 3
JohnHolder
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Yeah I have the <CatalogSupportFolders> directory.  It has a directory with my catalogs name in it. and there is two sub directories <200> and <DWG>.

The catalog I made is in <CPakAME> folder and there is no <CatalogSupportFolders> in that directory.

but the strange thing is that most of the fittings work, just the last few large fittings do not, and for some reason the spec editor thinks they are more blocks in the original file than there are.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost