AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN YOU ORTHO ANNOTATE AN EQUIPMENT NOZZLE?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
EricNyh
613 Views, 4 Replies

CAN YOU ORTHO ANNOTATE AN EQUIPMENT NOZZLE?

I'd like to create an ortho annotation for equipment nozzles.  Is this possible?  What data field do you use?

My nozzle annotation would be as simple as text saying "N2".

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: EricNyh

Huh, wow. I'm not seeing a way to do that.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 5
EricNyh
in reply to: dave.wolfe

I was thinking that since the iso's can pull the nozzle ID, you should be able to pull that information for an ortho.

Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe

No, the data is not accessed the same way. In the ortho, the program create a flatshot of the component, and then attaches the model id and database id of the original part to each flatshot. The annotation routine then reads the attached data and looks up the part. The problem is that the nested information is never stored in the flatshot, only the parent equipment information.

The iso is built of a pcf, and the program populates the pcf with the data when it is created, so there is not really any correlation between how the drawing get created.

Would it be helpful to place a linked nozzle callout even though you would have to pick the nozzle from a list?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
Attila.Vallyon

I noticed that the ortho block does not have the nozzle informations only the base equipment info.

You can see it yourself if you go to the model space of your ortho and select the projected 2D block of your equipment.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost