AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch Editor Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Christopher_Lam
459 Views, 2 Replies

Branch Editor Issue

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with my branch editor for pipe spec creation. When I try to apply some of my branches, it says that the spec is incompatible for that size. I'm trying to get some small half couplings/threadolets/sockolets onto a large pipe. I started by creating the fitting in the catalogue for 12-50mm. Then added to spec, and added to my legend on the branch editor. I tried setting one end connection to TAP and the other to either SW or Threaded. I'm not sure why it isn't working..

Any help appreciated,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I am having the same problem with half couplings 

I tried port 1 to BV/PL and port 2 to THDF

It appears that many people are having issues with half couplings.

Can anyone at autodesk please alert us if a half coupling can be used in a branch table.

My scenario is as follows:

branch size = 1/2" to 2"

Header size = 2.5" to 24"

in the above branch sizes I want to come off the above headers with a half coupling that is welded on one end and female threaded on the other. (in reality the half coupling is threaded full length and welded at one end.)

Please help before my boss kicks my $#%@ 

Message 3 of 3
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: lukecoxon3d

Possible solution:... copy an olet in your catalogue and adjust the geometry and descriptions to be that of a half coupling

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost