AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolts and Bolt Mapping

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Grampster
777 Views, 4 Replies

Bolts and Bolt Mapping

In ASME Pipes & Fittings catalogs, there are machine bolts, lug bolt, & stud bolts. No problem. But just what is a "mashine lug bolt"? Say what? That's a contradiction. Ever Google for one? And what's with the lenghths that go to eight decimal places? How does AP3D calculate the BOM bolt length when a flange is placed.

There's very little technical info on Bolt Mapping; there's instructions on how to use it and add standards (dialog boxes), but nothing on just what AP3D does with the data (I've unsuccessfully searched the internet). What is the process? (I assume Bolt Mapping rounds the length up to the nearest increment). Just an overview will do fine. I just want to tell someone - you should do this and WHY you should.

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
manuel
in reply to: Grampster

I have been watching this forum for an answer to your question as I have the same query in mind. Did you ever get around to resolve this issue?

Message 3 of 5
sonacool.2009

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to know that how to open Add Bolt Standard Dialog Box. Please help me in finding this as its very urgent.

Message 4 of 5
Rena_XU
in reply to: sonacool.2009

Hi,

do you mean how to open standard bolt length dialog? If so, please do below steps:

1. Open the Plant 3D Spec Editor

2. Open the catalog

3. Switch to 'Catalog Editor' tab

4. Go to menu 'Catalogs', click 'Edit Bolt Length Mapping'.

Message 5 of 5
neonade

Capture.JPG

I believe Plant 3d based its calculation on the port properties of the pipe fitting as shown on the snapshot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost