AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt set for butterfly valve

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
forrumako
2792 Views, 18 Replies

Bolt set for butterfly valve

Hi.. everybody now i have a problem with the bolt set of butterfly valve. it's happen when i created isometric drawing and bolt set for butterfly valve was 2 set and not same length. In BOM the detail for bolt set was mistake too such as 100Ax@@@ . So i add file below for isometric drawing and about my setting for isometric drawing

Thank you for you kindness 🙂BFV.pngsetting.png

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
patpat79
in reply to: forrumako

Your setting is wrong, in wafer joints, you must choose which side only will be wafer and which side will be the flanged side. My setting is, FL- WF, then, in all your wafer valves, you must use that setting also, WF - FL, not interchanging ( eg. WF - FL) or your bolt length will be wrong.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 19
patpat79

Your setting is wrong, in wafer joints, you must choose which side only will be wafer and which side will be the flanged side. My setting is, FL- WF, then, in all your wafer valves, you must use that setting also, WF - FL, not interchanging ( eg. FL - WF) or your bolt length will be wrong.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 4 of 19
forrumako
in reply to: patpat79

Thnaks for your suggestion i was try to edit follow youe solution but it still wrong and show @@@ in the BOM table. otherwise i add file for you to see my re-setting again. plses helpe me T^T Thank you very muchsetting.pngsetup component.pngaftersetting.png

Message 5 of 19
patpat79

I said in your simple joints menu, on the water flange option, port 1 is FL only, port 2 is WF only, do not put both or else it will act like that, having a wafer bolt mixed with a flanged bolt, if still in trouble, please let me know

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 6 of 19
patpat79

And please leave the wafer - wafer joint, WF - WF only.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 19
forrumako

boltsetprob.pngi alredy setting follow your suggestion but in BOM Bolt set still set 2 sets in actual should be 1 set. for my editing i edited the simple joints for wafer flange if i use univesal_et for fasteners then the bolt set not created. what should i do ??? please help me T^T

Message 8 of 19
patpat79

How many bolts are in your spec? Please take a screen shot again of your set up, has you edited your valves?

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 9 of 19
patpat79

In your wafer flange simple joint, use gasket only, that solves your problem

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 10 of 19
forrumako

Sorry for my mistake i forgot to use long discription size so the bolt set still remain @@@ and FYI i alreeady add the setting below thanky you1.png

Message 11 of 19
forrumako

2.png

Message 12 of 19
forrumako

and bolt set in my spec just only 1

Message 13 of 19
patpat79

Problem solved?

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 14 of 19
patpat79

Let me see your edited setting again so I could help you

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 15 of 19
forrumako

5.png

the problem still reamain, i cannot solve. Now i try to created the new simple joint like WF - FL and fastener is universal but the problem still occur.

Message 16 of 19
patpat79

You are not doing what I said. I said that make the fastener of your WF - FL, gasket only

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 17 of 19
patpat79

The same with the WF - WF. That's it

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 18 of 19
forrumako

Thank you for your suggestion. In WF valve i use Butterfly vale so normally in Butterfly vale no gasket for connection because it has gasket in itself. so i find the way to connect WF-WF without gasket. T^T

Message 19 of 19
patpat79

Hi, can't you just try first what I am saying? I said make your butterfly valve, in the catalog a FL-WF port. Then create a FL-WF port as wafer-flanged joint in simple joints setup. Create also an imperial-metric version of it. Put only gasket as the only fastener in the Wafer-flanged joint I am telling you. I have administrated many projects and have this feature work as a charm. If you want your valve to work, try what I am telling you, this is my last reply to your problem, I am telling it you over and over again, this is an admin trick. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost