AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt Long Description

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ATANCAD
1160 Views, 4 Replies

Bolt Long Description

Does anyone know how to modify the Long Description to display the Long Description (Size) with specs including bolt size and length? Currently when the BOM is constructed it shows the Long Description using the Family Description rather than Size Description.

Help would really be appreciated. Especially coz I'm a trainee.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
karthik.nathan
in reply to: ATANCAD

Hi,

In Plant 3D, you can go into 'Project Setup -> Isometric DWG Settings -> Title Block and Settings', then click the 'Setup Title Block' button which will let you set up the title block. Once you're there, click 'Table Setup' on the Ribbon above, then go to the 'Settings' tab of the dialog that was just opened. There is a combo box for BOM descriptions there where the default value is (Family). You can change that to (Size) and save it.

The isos will come out the way you want then. Hope that helps.

-Karthik

Message 3 of 5
ATANCAD
in reply to: karthik.nathan

Thanks for the suggestion but I need only the Bolts long description to change in the BOM not the other components. is there a way for just the bolts to change?

Message 4 of 5
Vicky.Wu
in reply to: ATANCAD

User could customize long description via lds file.

Create lds file in Spec Editor:

Spe Editor> Specs Menu>Batch Assign Long Description Styles>Edit Long Description Style> select Bolt Set

Then you could customize the description in Long description formular editor grid and save as lds file.

LDS.png

Apply lds file in Project Setup:

Project Setup>Setup Title block> Table setup>Settings Tab,check Use Custom Descriptions, select lds file created.

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 5 of 5
Wolfanator
in reply to: Vicky.Wu

Hi Vicky,

I'm currently writing spec in AP3D 2018 and I am looking at the bolt set in my spec editor , I see the long description (size) it has everything I need , description, length , c/ nuts and material code etc 

I am wanting to use the long description (size) for my assign long description , how come when Ai want to add row , you cant find that property Name ??

any help would be greatly appreciated

Ian 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost