AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 1 of 6 (155 Views)

Bill of Material generation in ortho view as line wise

155 Views, 5 Replies
02-10-2013 01:15 AM
we will issue isometric drawing only for critical lines which fall under IBR, for all other non critical lines, we will issue as a layout drawing with complete BOM for individual line nos.

Presently in Plant3d this feature is not available. all other cad based softwares have this feature.
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 2 of 6 (152 Views)

Re: Bill of Material generation in ortho view as line wise

02-10-2013 01:30 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K
There should be an additional option to be given to user for generating the BOM for the selected parts in layout.
*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 3 of 6 (144 Views)

02-10-2013 06:39 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K
We have a BOM plugin available.

http://www.pdoteam.com/store/create-bom-plugin/
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 4 of 6 (110 Views)

02-12-2013 05:48 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Dear Dave,

The plug-in has got many errors. It generates only for the selected parts. There is no provision in your plugin to set up the table. Also it will not generate line no. wise. I had purchased and couldn't use because I find many errors with that. Sorry to say, waste of 10$.

Arun_Kumar_K
Message 5 of 6 (102 Views)

02-12-2013 05:58 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Dave, I appreciate your team effort, but it is not a complete one, so I expect Autodesk to carry your started work and to complete this. As you were earlier the authorized reseller for CADWORX, you might be knowing how good the BOM generation in Layout in that software. I am expecting the same.

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 6 of 6 (96 Views)

02-12-2013 06:06 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

To be honest, I expect them to as well.  We'll have to re-visit our plugin if the BOM issues aren't addressed soon.  It was a rough proof of concept that works for some clients but is definitely not robust enough to meed the general need.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community