AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of Material generation in ortho view as line wise

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Arun_Kumar_K
330 Views, 5 Replies

Bill of Material generation in ortho view as line wise

we will issue isometric drawing only for critical lines which fall under IBR, for all other non critical lines, we will issue as a layout drawing with complete BOM for individual line nos.

Presently in Plant3d this feature is not available. all other cad based softwares have this feature.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

There should be an additional option to be given to user for generating the BOM for the selected parts in layout.
Message 3 of 6
dave.wolfe

We have a BOM plugin available.

http://www.pdoteam.com/store/create-bom-plugin/
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 6
Arun_Kumar_K

Dear Dave,

The plug-in has got many errors. It generates only for the selected parts. There is no provision in your plugin to set up the table. Also it will not generate line no. wise. I had purchased and couldn't use because I find many errors with that. Sorry to say, waste of 10$.

Message 5 of 6
Arun_Kumar_K

Dave, I appreciate your team effort, but it is not a complete one, so I expect Autodesk to carry your started work and to complete this. As you were earlier the authorized reseller for CADWORX, you might be knowing how good the BOM generation in Layout in that software. I am expecting the same.

Message 6 of 6
dave.wolfe

To be honest, I expect them to as well.  We'll have to re-visit our plugin if the BOM issues aren't addressed soon.  It was a rough proof of concept that works for some clients but is definitely not robust enough to meed the general need.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost