AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Mentor
PatrickByrne
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

Bends larger than 90

143 Views, 1 Replies
12-13-2012 05:06 AM

I have attached a drawing which has a pipe line route. On this route the pipe has some bends larger than 90 degrees.

For example I might have a pipe that falls 1:100 for 20 metres and then does a vertical rise. You can add a steam trap at the corner.

When I try and add the pipe to the route it won't go above 90 degrees, when I add in a 180 degree return it does not draw the bend at all.

Can this be done in Plant 3D

Mentor
PatrickByrne
Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)

Re: Bends larger than 90

12-13-2012 03:11 PM in reply to: PatrickByrne

I have added in a 180 degree return to the spec, Therefore if the bend is larger than 96 degrees it will put it in using the line to pipe command but I can't find a way of getting it to work with a bends between 90 and 95 degrees. Picking point to point does not work.

We have cases where we have pipe going from the sump to a distribution box, we have a 3 degree fall on the line so it drains back to the sump, therefore when it goes into the box it has a 93 degree cutback elbow, I can't get it to work.

This is just pipework it si not that unusual and CadWorx does this without any problem.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community