AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: Adv ISO Create Option: Override location v IsoMessages

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Rich.O.3d
1314 Views, 5 Replies

BUG: Adv ISO Create Option: Override location v IsoMessages

We have a plant that somehow got modeled with the datum at an arbitary location a kilometer and a half away with north pointing to negative x and 0 datum at RL 32.5m

Ok I thought no worries plant can now deal with that in the Advanced Iso Options

offset x 0.5km and offset y 1.3km and 270 degree rotation plug in aok and give correct north orientation on the sheet and correct eastings and northings.

However there appears to be no option to have an adjustment in the z direction to fix the EL's

to cover this I have put a note on the ISO relating RL:32.5m = EL+ 0 (not ideal but will do at a pinch)

The main problem is:

When the ISO is dropped without the locatoin overide, the Iso Messages that are attached to the pipeline come out AOK

However, when the location override is used, the Iso Messages do NOT show on the ISO's with the pipe on it. They jump onto a sheet of there own. The sheet looks like a blank drawing sheet, but when i zoom extents, there is a 1.5km long leader across the sheet with the isocircle symbol block at the end with the isomessage info as attributes. One IsoMessage per extra sheet!

This is a massive show stopper on a huge project...need a workaround or fix ASAP

any help appriciated

Rich.O

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Has anyone even used the ISO override location????

would anyone please be able to test?

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 6
alain.mallette

this is indeed a major bug. the only way I found out to get iso with isomessage. I said to my consultants to rotate the model from the point of 0,0,0 a way that pipe is aligned with the north WUCS

This way works to eliminate triangle offset. If you overide rotation, isomessage will not be on the isometric

First Image Show IsoMessage in model

Second show iso Created without overides

Third show iso created with 5 degree overide

You can't see the tie-in tag with the 5 degree overide

Since this thread had been posted, originaly posted in 2008, i Reply in 2013 using Plant 3D 2013... and still not fixed!

Message 4 of 6
PeterQuinn
in reply to: alain.mallette

Please contact support with this problem.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
alain.mallette
in reply to: PeterQuinn

I have contact support whit this and i don't have feedback if a fix is on the way...

We really need a fix ASAP!

Even 2014 version up to date have the same problem...

I've attached a PCF

Try PCF to ISO without any overides it will show a diamond ended box with TP 1234

Try now PCF to ISO with rotation -5 degree overide and the symbol won't show on iso

Message 6 of 6
alain.mallette

I've found a work around for this problem.

For Tie-In symbol, as we all know a Tie-In will be done on a Flange, weld, threaded connection.

First, go in project properties and add in Plant 3D Class Definitions -> Piping and Equipment -> Pipe Run Component -> Flange

Add a String Properties called TieIn

Apply and close project properties.

I will describe config to be done to get a support number on iso when ever an overide is applied or not without using isomessage.

Open iso.atr in your Iso Style Folder. add this under BOM-ATTRIBUTES:

EngineeringItems.Comment
EngineeringItems.Unit
EngineeringItems.TieIn

Now open isoconfig.xml in your Iso Style Folder and add this in proper sections:

Under this line <!-- PipeRunComponent DataSolver generated property schemes(start) -->

<ComponentScheme Name="WeldTieInField" AnnotationStyle="TieIn" Format="{0}" Enabled="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always" Filter="Weld" Fields="Unit" />

<ComponentScheme Name="ThreadTieInField" AnnotationStyle="TieIn" Format="{0}" Enabled="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always" Filter="Thread" Fields="Unit" />

<ComponentScheme Name="FlangeTieInField" AnnotationStyle="TieIn" Format="{0}" Enabled="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always" Filter="Flange" Fields="TieIn" />

Under this line <!-- Pipe support standard -->

<ComponentScheme Name="SupportComments" AnnotationStyle="Standard" Format="{0}" Grouping="true" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always" Filter="SupportComment" Fields="Comment" />

Add new filters under this line   <Filters>

<Filter Name="Thread" Value="SKEY LIKE '*SC' AND NOT [Unit] IS NULL" />
    <Filter Name="SupportComment" Value="Type='Support' AND NOT [Comment] IS NULL" />

Modify those filters as describe below:

<Filter Name="Flange" Value="Type = 'Flange' OR NOT [TieIn] IS NULL" />

<Filter Name="Weld" Value="Type LIKE '*Weld' AND NOT [Unit] IS NULL" />

Add new annotation style to call your TieIn symbol Under Those lines:

<!-- 'Name': (string); Unique Identifier. -->
          <!-- 'TextStyle: (string); Text style (STYLE) to create text based annotation. However, -->
          <!--    if a block used the attributes text style is the attribute definition's style. -->
          <!-- 'LeaderStyle': (string); AnnotationLeaderStyle should exist in the list above. -->
          <!-- 'BlockName': (string); Block with attributes to create annotation. All enclosed annotations are in fact blocks with attributes. -->
          <AnnotationStyle Name="TieIn" TextStyle="AdskIsoAnnotation" BlockName="TieIn" ResizeBlock="Scale" />

Save everything

Open IsoSymbolStyles.dwg and create your TP symbol block and call it TieIn has it called in your new annotation style and save/close this dwg

(Exemple of TP symbol attached in this post)

Restart Plant 3D and make a test.

Select a flange in your model and in properties pannel you will see TieIn (your new string properties) and enter your Tie-In number with TP prefix if your TieIn block symbol already have TP inside

Select a connection point (weld or threaded connection) and in properties pannel in UNIT enter a Tie In number

I've used the UNIT properties for welds and threaded connexion because i didn't found a way to add a string properties for those items so i've used one already there.

Select a support on your pipe, in properties pannel go to COMMENT and entre your pipe support number in there.

Now, create your iso with the modified ISOCONFIG.XML IsoStyle and go in advance and overide a location or rotation.

All will get on your iso!!!!!

Alain Mallette

Valero Energy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost