AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM BUBBLES

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TBoo
1526 Views, 2 Replies

BOM BUBBLES

I am having a problem with the iso bom bubbles. one thing the rectangle is a little tight to the text. another thing the F.G.B. for the flange, gasket, and bolts is showing on my iso, which is the way I want it, but the rectangle is not large enough to wrap the text completely. please see the image below to clarify. any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks,

bom bubbles.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BarendJan
in reply to: TBoo

Hi,

within your project folder you will find a subfolder called Isometric. Within this isometric folder a drawing can be found called isosymbolstyles.dwg This drawing contains all the isosymbols (as autocad blocks) that are used when you create an ISO. In the same folder there is also a file called isoskeyacadblockmap.xml, this file shows all the skey mappings to the autocad blocks in the isosymbolstyles.dwg

In your case you should look for the block annorect in the isosymbolstyles drawing. This is the rectangle block around your position numbers. I stretched it in length and height to match the text widht. To get to the isosymbolstyles.dwg the official way is through you project setup (right click on you project name in the project manager and then choose properties) and then go to Iso DWG Settings. Choose your style and select the last node for title block set-up. Here you will find a button to edit the isosymbolstyles.dwg  You could open this drawing yourself, but going through the project properties is, as said, the official way.

Then when you are in the isosymbolstyles.dwg and you found the block you want to change, you still have to be aware of the wipeout frames that are used in these blocks. You first need to switch the wipeout frames on, before you can stretch these as well. The wipeout is used to hide the leader lines when the block is placed.

Making the wipeouts visible is done by typing wipeout on the command line, choose frames and switch to on. When you stretch the original annorect block the wipeout will appear and you can stretch these as well. Switch the wipeout off again and close the block editor, save your block, close your project properties, create an iso and see if it matches your expactations. I actually stretched the block .25 in both directions and .125 up and down (which was enough for me).

Good luck, and if any questions, just let me know,

Regards,

BJ

Message 3 of 3
Slepe
in reply to: TBoo

I have same problem but with BOM numbers, flange numbers rectangle is good but others are too tight. I tried the solution but it only effects to flange rectangle, not for others.

Is there some setting to get bigger rectangle or how tight rectangle comes around the number?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost