AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic pipe breaks?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mkessler73
501 Views, 4 Replies

Automatic pipe breaks?

I'm working on a spec where the pipe comes in finite lengths with a special connection at each end.  I've created the connection type and put the pipe into the spec with all the proper dimensional data, including for the connections and the pipe length.  However, contrary to what I would expect, when I place pipe into the model, it shows no end connections at all.  Is there some way to have P3D place the connections per the dimensions?

Thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mkessler73
in reply to: mkessler73

Anyone have any suggestions?  Am I being clear with my issue?  Basically I am just looking for P3D to handle my pipe as if it is spool pieces of a given length with clamp connections on each end.  I am hoping it will place the connections per the dimensions that I have entered for the pipe in the catalog.  Is this not possible?

Thanks,

Matt

Message 3 of 5

Same here, need a way to break piping every 20 feet

Message 4 of 5
minhquanqttb
in reply to: mkessler73

It's possible, you need config in project setup.

Checkout this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-P-4ZhYAP0

Hoang Minh Quan - Piping design engineer
Autodesk Store for Python Catalog
Message 5 of 5

you can create automatic field welds in the iso or you can add a fixed pipe length to the catalog/spec entry of your pipe, just don't forget to check the 'use fixed length' box.

MichielValcke_0-1702149959242.png

MichielValcke_3-1702150031286.pngMichielValcke_4-1702150052410.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost