AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad plant 3d Vs AVEVA Vs CADWORX

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
gaia.liberox2
15672 Views, 9 Replies

Autocad plant 3d Vs AVEVA Vs CADWORX

hello guys,
I ask you a question ...
"Autocad plant 3d" Vs "AVEVA" Vs 2CADWORX "
What are the differences?
What are the benefits of Autodesk Plant 3D?
Is there a "good" viewer for the plant?
The only seem "design review" but does not display the data structures?
In AUTOCAD standard I do not see all the properties, even with the same version of the object enabler ..
Any news on this?

Thanks

Gaia

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

"Autocad plant 3d" Vs "AVEVA" Vs 2CADWORX "

What are the differences?

Their price.

The PDMS is a totally separate software package, and has a long history.

The P3D and Cadworxs are Autocad based.

And the P3D is relatively new. The first release was in 2009.

Is there a "good" viewer for the plant?

The design review. You can see all properties in that, all layers. The reason that there is no data manager because that is just a viewer.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 10
bmv1365
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

Hi

In my opinion:

At the moment,PDMS is the best software for design a plant, but P3D Will be in the future(perhaps 10 or 20 years!)

It is more difficault to learn PDMS while P3D is easy(because it is autocad based).

Iso generation in PDMS is excellent but there are a lot of problems is P3D.

Autodesk review is better than PDMS review.

P3D is user freindly but PDMS isn't.

Message 4 of 10
PatrickByrne
in reply to: bmv1365

It depends also on the support you get. If your local reseller has an expert in Plant 3D then that will be a big help

Message 5 of 10
cbeaty
in reply to: gaia.liberox2

PDMS models can be viewed/reviewed via Autodesk Navisworks using RVM files (exported from PDMS). Works great.
Message 6 of 10

It does work great BUT it is not real time. We use it all the time but have to export the PDMS data overnight and generate a Navis Model ready for the engineers to view the following day. Basically they are using a 24 hour old model.
Message 7 of 10

PDMS is a realy good tool for Plant design. But much more older then Plant 3d, so more experience and better functions. Pdms uses isogen for isometric drawings, so you can config all what you want in the option file (if you know what to do), In Plant 3D you have a lot of Availabilities to change things in the Iso style. But the Iso output ist not the same as in pdms. Further it needs a lot of time to get the same result.

Everything 3D (the new PDMS) is great too, you have a lot of new great functions (Point Cloud in 2D Layouts and so on). If you need a Software for big Plants, then you should take PDMS

But....

Plant 3D is much cheaper than PDMS. Works perfectly with other Autodesk Products. You get for your prize good software, with a great community, great support and if you rent a collection get a good full package, for all what you need to do good Plants. From PID´s -> 3D Models -> Reporting -> Vaildation -> Reviewing -> Visualization.

Plant has a realy good UI, so its easy to get fast results

PDMS needs a lot of workshops to do the first steps, after the workshops you know one module with minimum experience. It need a lot of time to know all modules. it need much more time to be a admin.

For reviewing, both uses Navisworks, but DWF is faster exported then RVM. And you need special scripts to get in you RVM File colours, Attributes and so on.

Hope this helps.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 8 of 10

In my opinion, PDMS and AUTOCAD PLANT 3D are great softwares, however, P3D is more user friendly and easier to learn. Intact, I just installed P3D 2016 in my system, the new enhancements and features are awesome.
And I must say that P3D has already outclassed PDMS. Keep it up while we enjoy your innovative ideas.
Message 9 of 10

Hi, can somebody give an update on this topic? Has Plant 3D improved over the years?

Message 10 of 10

Plant 3D seems to be the most easily customizable piping design software available now, Intelligent P&ID, Spec and catalogue to strictly follow the standards and most helpful feature is the collaborative working environment now available with BIM collaborate Pro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost