AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad not to support cadworx?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Arun_Kumar_K
1352 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad not to support cadworx?

Rumours there that, Autodesk decided to stop support to them for use of Autocad.

If it is true, then it's a good move by Autodesk. When they not support to Autodesk, then why should we. Unless they accept for smart plant review in Navisworks and CAESAR Ii import and export, Autodesk should not support to them. Let we support when they extend support.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Bentley came to autodesk fold in 2008, after the aquisition of Rebris (Microstation) by Bentley in 2002, Autodesk stopped the API use of Bentley. Same should happen now to Intergraph, then only they will come to fold.

Because of interoperability, we all are loosing man hours for rework in CII, directly impacting cost.
Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

FUD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

Please cite references or stop spreading rumors.  The latter helps nobody.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: dgorsman

1. Hey, I am not spreading any rumours first. Also, it's a Adsk forum not Cadworx forum to make ppl to get fear. I clearly mentioned that it's a rumour.

2. I am the happiest person if rumour is true. Because not good interoperability is there with Intergraph products.

3. If you see the latest version of CAESAR ii, Intergraph have removed the dwg interface.

4. No possibility to bring smart plant vue in Navisworks. one can see dgn, Rvm files in Navisworks, why not smart plant?

5. Adsk Plant 3d is not dependent on other software, they have their own ISO engine, it's not as equal to Isogen, but ok, one can manage. Hope it will be equivalent to Isogen soon.

6. If you take Intergraph Cadworx, they directly dependent on Adsk Autocad. When they are dependent to them why shouldn't they extend their interoperability.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost