AutoCAD Plant 3D General

suavi
Message 1 of 5 (1,818 Views)

Autocad 3D Plant Equipment Library or Pack?

1818 Views, 4 Replies
12-09-2011 01:49 AM

I was trying AutoCAD PLANT 3D (trial) for 3 days.

As I understood from tutorials, Autodesk forum ... etc, if I want to add a pressure relief valve, I should create it from "Create Equipment" part. Am I right?

When I was seeking the Create Equipment section, there are only a few equipments. Pump section is good, but other choices are so poor, I think.

Is there any other easy way to adding a pressure relied valve? Maybe a catalog, library or packs...

Regards

Valued Mentor
ybogdanov
Message 2 of 5 (1,814 Views)

Re: Autocad 3D Plant Equipment Library or Pack?

12-09-2011 03:51 AM in reply to: suavi

Relief valve is not equipment is valve, therefore is necessary add this component from spec. 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
suavi
Message 3 of 5 (1,811 Views)

12-09-2011 04:19 AM in reply to: ybogdanov

Thanks for your response ybogdanov.
Yes, you are right, I'm sorry.

On the other hand, if we change this question according to spec editor; is it possible to import a catalog, a library or pack for like these simple, basic valves...etc.

I think that; it's not a complex valve type.

Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 4 of 5 (1,788 Views)

12-09-2011 10:50 AM in reply to: suavi

You don't need to import anything. Open a catalog, and look for the "Create New Component" button. There are pre-defined templates you can use for various fittings and valves, or you can use your own custom geometry.

Have a look on Plant Exchange at some of the Plant videos on how to make new components in the Spec and Catalog editor.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5 (1,383 Views)

How do i create a or some new fittings and equipment in auto 3D plant libraries?

08-30-2012 11:58 PM in reply to: suavi

Dear all!

Now, i want to create a new equipment in spec of auto 3d plant but it's difficult to do this. So the first difficult is : when i created the model 3d of equipent so i can't convert it to add in.

Beside that, i want to edit some equiments which had in library. So how do i do?

Hope to receiving feedback soon from all!

Thanks so much!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community