AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk Plant3D Ortho View Layer Settings

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Georg987
4347 Views, 8 Replies

AutoDesk Plant3D Ortho View Layer Settings

Hello,

My name is Georg from Norway. First time “firing” of a question her regarding Plant 3D 2014.

I have an issue with my Ortho View Layer Settings. Previous I have used Plant 3D 2013 and now upgraded to 2104.

When I draw something in Source Files I really like to divide all my models in to different layers. Of course as an industrial designer you all might recognize yourself here.

The layers that I have spent a lot of time making I want to "bring" with me in to the drawing, when making Orthographic drawings, but this is where it all goes wrong in 2104.

Al my layers disappear. Al the pipes become blue, equipment’s become green and the rest just black.

In order to get all my layers in ortho view I have to type DC (Desktop Center) and Scroll my way in to the actual drawing and pull the layers from here inn to the Ortho view.

This is very time assuming, especially if you have a lot of layers.

So to the big Q. Witch settings controls this? How to i make the Ortho-View "copy" the layers from the model in Source Files?

I know that there has been some reports about bugs in the program regarding viewports witch goes blank when updating them. Is there a Connection her between these two issues?

In Advance thanks!

Best regard

Georg Johannessen

Norsk Energi

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: Georg987

Go to project setup

Ortho DWG Settings/Title Block and Display

Setup Title Block

Ortho Settings

there you can assign layers for the specific objects and linetypes.

Or you can check the Use 3D model layers.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 9
Georg987
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

Hello Attila, thanks for the respons.

Hmm, well If i understand you right i Should click in to Ortho Settings and then choose to "Use 3D model layers"  as a part of the Layer Setup?

I will try this and come back to you all with respons:)

Best regard

Georg J

Message 4 of 9
Georg987
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

Thanks for the tips. Every thing Works fine now 😄

Best regards

Georg J
Message 5 of 9
aaronkromm9890

I just ran into this issue myself with a converted 2013 project.  While the above tip definitely helps I would really like to request that these "ortho settings" live properly in the project settings dialogue and NOT in the ortho title block setup.  It really doesn't make any sense for it to be in the titleblock set up as a titleblock doesn't care about these kinds of settings.  Second reason is I always link my titleblock to our companies standard drawing file and this forces me to "save/modify" that particular projects titleblock xref file.  Not that this harms anything but it is really not very logical.

Thanks,

Aaron

Message 6 of 9
dave.wolfe
in reply to: aaronkromm9890

Please start a new thread if you need help on this issue, or add a wish list request here:

https://plant3d.uservoice.com/forums/263656-plant-3d-wishlist

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 9

I check that use 3d model layers but i did not got 3d model's layers in 2d aurtho drawing.

dear sir please help me

Thankyou

& Regards

Rinkal Kumar

+919463394695

Message 8 of 9
bo
Participant

Hi!

Just as the user above this did not help me. Using Plant 3D 2017, checking the box "Use 3D model layers" changes nothing. The layer titles still begin with the name of the ortho view. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Bo

Message 9 of 9
dave.wolfe
in reply to: bo

The views will always start with the view name, but the layer name should include the layer from the model.  In some cases when creating ortho views, you may have objects within the same 3d space for different viewports. If they don't create layers for each viewport, you could have objects from other views displaying in your viewport.

If this doesn't clarify your issue, please start a new thread.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost