AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D Drawing Templates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
david.penney00
2081 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D Drawing Templates

We are currently installing and eventually setting up AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014.

We have used this program a number of years since its inception.

However, we no longer have P3D operators/administrators available at this time in the company, but we would like to establish the basic templates right now for future work.

We have updated all of our Autodesk Suites and Templates accordingly...and use our Border sheets in Paper Space along with dimensions and text, etc. at 1: 1. Model space is only used for the models/geometry - also at 1:1.

All of our drawing files will also be Vault Professional 2014 based from now on.

What we would like - with possibly only a few tweaks - is to use the exact same drawing templates with Paper Space borders and title blocks in Plant 3D for our overall Plant GA's and subsequent Piping ISO's.

Is this possible without any issues.....or do we have to have totally separate Templates in Model Space just for Plant 3D?

The only reason i am pushing this now, before we get P3D operators again, it to have the templates made ready with all other project templates used by the other suites.

Any helps or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

David Penney

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

As long as your projects are created properly and vaulted as per the help document below, you should be able to use your customized templates for your ISO drawings across all users.

http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesPSU/GUID-735CFAFF-0BBC-497E-84A7-633C88...

If this isn't that you are looking for, can you provide more specifics on your requirements.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4

Hi and thank you for your reply.

I guess what I am trying to ask is this and I don't know how I can make it any clearer really.

Can we just have our normal Template Borders and subsequent text in Paper Space at 1:1 in Plant 3D (all geometry/models, etc are in Model Space) for P&IDs, orthographics and piping isomentrics?

Or do we have to put these drawing borders, text and dimensions in model space also when using Plant 3D?

Our normal AutoCAD Mechanical drawing sheet borders, dimensions and text (at 1:1) are in Paper Space - with geometry only (at 1:1) on Model Space.

Cheers.

Message 4 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: david.penney00

I haven't tried putting the borders in model space in the isometrics, but these require custom title block setup anyways. For everything else, the border can go in paper space.  

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost