AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D Content Packs - 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dennis
2409 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D Content Packs - 2014

There are two new packs, released on May 16 and May 14.  One is really new, the IPEX, and there is not an equivalent in the 2014 Content folder.  Contrast that to the second one, ASME Catalogs with weights, there are equivalents of name in the 2014 Content folder.  But these pcat files are different in size, which i would expect if they are to replace the existing 2014, they would both be larger.  So are the new ones, ASME Pipes and Fittings Catalog and the ASME Valves Catalog, replacements of the existing or should they both be kept, the 2014 installed and the new download?  The new ASME Pipes and Fittings Catalog is 19723kb while the 2014 installed is 19,737kb.  The new ASME Valves Catalog is 8911kb while the 2014 installed is 8,837kb.  Odd that one download is larger while the other is smaller.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: dennis

HI,

1. IPEX catalog is to address the market demand of Sch 40 & 80 plastic pipes, fittings, Valve catalog. 

2. ASME Catalogs with weights. This is update of existing ASME with weight details. You can replace the 2014 ASME with this one.

** Please read the specific readme for the content pack before replacing the existing one. Always take the backup of your catalog and spec before replacing.

Catalog size doesn't say much and please look at the number of part families. It should be the same as 2014 cpack.

Kind Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: dennis

So if I have many of custom components what shall I do??

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 4 of 7
JohnHolder
in reply to: rajsekarpillai

It's great that there is a small selection of pvc pipe, but for me it is still going to be unused since the catalog is still missing too much.  no fittings over 12" means I will continue to use the catalog that I had to model up myself.

It is a good start, it would have been nice if it was a complete catalog.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

You can copy the part family through Catalog editor.

1. Open Specs and catalog editor => open both the catalog.  => switch to Catalog editor => Select your custom part family => right click => copy

2. Switch to your new catalog => right click on the catalog Browser=> select any one of the part family => paste

Please refer the attached snapshots.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: JohnHolder

Hi,

Please post your content pack request on this form and give the link of manufacturer.

http://autocad.autodesk.com/?nd=form__105

Or  send an email to plant.content@autodesk.com with your PDF manufacturer catalog.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
JohnHolder
in reply to: rajsekarpillai

I contacted spears directly, put in content requests.. spears told me there is one already ( woefuly inadaquate ) and it took 2 years+?! to get this one.  I am content to use mine for now.

It is nice they have something.. unfortunatly what I do is a little off the beaten track so I do not expect a full catalog to be put out that I can use, basically out of the box.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost