AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 not creating p&id drawing project manager

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
emaenda
1271 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 not creating p&id drawing project manager

Hi guys,

Just started using AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013, designing a P&ID diagram.

I set up a new project, everything set..From the Project manager tool palette, under p&id drawings, I right click and selected New Drawing, named it "sector one" After I click "OK" I get an error message that goes something like "..Cannot support Microsoft JIT debugging"..then doesn't create the p&id drawing.

I tried reinstalling the software, repair the installation, nothing goes..

is there a bug fix for this..or is there anything I can do?

Please assist

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gonp87
in reply to: emaenda

Due to the date of your post, i can see that no one is assisting. I have exactly the same problem, and i can´t find a solution anywhere. In adition to your description, i can't create 3d models or enter to the proyect manager, always showing the same error. Did you find any solution? 

Extra information: 

My notebook covers all the minimus and almost all the recommended requirements and this and i attach to the reply the error textually. I also tried reinstalling, updating net framework, visual studio, graphic drivers, and autocad plant (service pack 1)

Please someone help!!!!

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
kennethmjones
in reply to: gonp87

You need to get an answer from the support guys on this but it looks to me like there might be sometihng wrong with your .net instalation or your windows runtime??

You could try unistalling any very old .net modules and reinstall the AutoCAD software again. This is what I had to do.

Message 4 of 7
dmitzel2003

DId you ever get a solution from support on the project manger being gone? or did you find your own solution?  I got the same problem and can't figure out whats wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Message 5 of 7
gonp87
in reply to: dmitzel2003

Hello Dave!

I hope this helps you. In my particular case, the problem was the hole student edition. Not the downloaded software itself but (i guess) the restrictions  that the student license applys. Some where, there must be a bug (error) in the code, making the crash only with this type of license. In a full version, the soft works fine. A colleague of mine that has a full license tried it out and we confirmed that was indeed just the license, not the notebook or drivers. So i can learn only what the program allows me to do :S

Anyway if you find an alternative solution, please, ill be happy to know that i we can make it work fine with out spending a lot of money just to learn/try it .

Good luck with it!

Gonzalo

Message 6 of 7
emaenda

Thanks alot man.. Question is..if they want students to learn it..why would they restrict the software??considering it supposed to have both P&ID and plant 3D.. Sent from Huawei Mobile
Message 7 of 7
Rave.Tam
in reply to: emaenda

If you're using student edition, check out my post on why this error occurs and how to solve it. Basically, you'll need to make all the template and PSS marked as student version dwg by saving them.

http://lazcad.com/2013/03/how-to-make-plant-3d-student-version-works

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost