AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Isometric - Blind Flange in BOM table

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
chanaru
1932 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Isometric - Blind Flange in BOM table

Please anyone tell me how to transfer the display of Blind Flange into 'Flanges' column by default its in the 'Fitting' column, in the isometrics BOM table.

arc
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jabowabo
in reply to: chanaru

You are going to have to adjust some of your filters in your isoconfig.xml file.  Here's an example from the out-of-the-box filters:

Before:

<Filter Name="Flange" Value="Type='Flange'" />
    <Filter Name="BOMFitting" Value="NOT (Type='Pipe' OR Type='Pipe-Fixed' OR Type='Gasket' OR Type='REINFORCEMENT-PAD' OR Type='Flange' OR Type='Bolt' OR Type LIKE 'Valve*' OR Type='Olet' OR Type LIKE 'Instrument*' OR Type='Support')" />

After:

<Filter Name="Flange" Value="Type='Flange' OR Type='Flange-Blind'" />
    <Filter Name="BOMFitting" Value="NOT (Type='Pipe' OR Type='Pipe-Fixed' OR Type='Gasket' OR Type='REINFORCEMENT-PAD' OR Type='Flange' OR Type='Flange-Blind' OR Type='Bolt' OR Type LIKE 'Valve*' OR Type='Olet' OR Type LIKE 'Instrument*' OR Type='Support')" />	

The 'AggregatedList' area of the isoconfig.xml will show which filters are used for your BOM tables.

Message 3 of 9
chanaru
in reply to: jabowabo

thank you very much jabowabo you solve my problem, appriciate for your help.

arc
Message 4 of 9
gepteko

Hi,
I add these expressions for my IsoConfig.xml file, and after I saved it for the my project. Unfortunately, this doesn't working for me.

What's wrong?

Can anybody help me with a useful advice,pls?

Thanks!

@jabowabo wrote:

You are going to have to adjust some of your filters in your isoconfig.xml file.  Here's an example from the out-of-the-box filters:

Before:

<Filter Name="Flange" Value="Type='Flange'" />
    <Filter Name="BOMFitting" Value="NOT (Type='Pipe' OR Type='Pipe-Fixed' OR Type='Gasket' OR Type='REINFORCEMENT-PAD' OR Type='Flange' OR Type='Bolt' OR Type LIKE 'Valve*' OR Type='Olet' OR Type LIKE 'Instrument*' OR Type='Support')" />

After:

<Filter Name="Flange" Value="Type='Flange' OR Type='Flange-Blind'" />
    <Filter Name="BOMFitting" Value="NOT (Type='Pipe' OR Type='Pipe-Fixed' OR Type='Gasket' OR Type='REINFORCEMENT-PAD' OR Type='Flange' OR Type='Flange-Blind' OR Type='Bolt' OR Type LIKE 'Valve*' OR Type='Olet' OR Type LIKE 'Instrument*' OR Type='Support')" />	

The 'AggregatedList' area of the isoconfig.xml will show which filters are used for your BOM tables.

Message 5 of 9
jabowabo
in reply to: gepteko

@gepteko wrote:

Hi,
I add these expressions for my IsoConfig.xml file, and after I saved it for the my project. Unfortunately, this doesn't working for me. 

You 'added' them or 'replaced' the original filters? You'll need to replace the definitions.

Message 6 of 9
gepteko

I added the original value with the expression specified above ( OR Type  = .....). How can I replace it? Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
jabowabo

I'm confused about what you've done so far - it sounds like maybe you have more than one filter with the same name.

The answer I posted above shows how to modify the default filters in the isoconfig.xml file so that the blind flanges group with Flanges rather than fittings. The 'Before' code box in the answer shows what these two filters look like originally. The 'After' code box shows what these same filters look like after modification. If you modify your file the same way, you should get the same results.

If you have further troubles, you should post your entire isoconfig.xml file for troubleshooting.

Message 8 of 9
gepteko

I send you the modified IsoConfig.xml file. Please check it,if you can figure out what's wrong, please add your advice. Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
jabowabo

It looks correct except for the text case. It may or may not matter here but Plant 3D is sometimes case-sensitive when comparing text strings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost