AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Isogen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
richard.imrie
1706 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Isogen

Hi all,

Another quick question, setting up my isometric and i have told the system to give me a spool annotation on my iso, i have also selected that this annotation should appear on the 'iso plane'. 'Skewaligned' for those more familiar with xml editing. However on the iso the text size is appearing at 1.76....So i thought thats ok, i can set the text height to 1.4142 to factor the text height to my desired 2.5mm. However when i have a spool at 45deg the spool annotation then negates the iso plane and places the spool annotation horizontally or 'flataligned' (xml). Therefore this can give me two style of spool annotation, and because i have had to scale up the factor on the skewed annotation this means i get 2 different sizes of text as spool annotations.

In the border setup - isothemes, my text style height is 1mm, and the overall display is set to 2.5mm. Is this a general bug or can this be fixed? and how?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dan.Scales
in reply to: richard.imrie

Hi,

Could you add a screen shot of you isometric so I can see exactly what the issue is?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 3

SpoolAnno.png

Dan,

Thanks for your reply. As you can see the spool annotation is boxed and one pointing to the horizontal line is skewed as desired, but the text size is small. we want the text height to be 2.5mm as per the height of the one on the 45 deg, where it negates the 'skewaligned' as assigned. Since this post i have set the text style height to be 1 and this is why we are maybe seeing an exact reverse of what i originally described. However, the problem still remains one way or another. These annotations are using the same settings yet giving 2 different results.

Furthermore to this problem, is there a way to tighten the tolerance on the leader and subsequently the text that goes with the leader? we find that the 'CONT'D ON............' at a break or an open end is sometimes quite a bit away from the actual continuation or open end. I notice in the xml we can set a minimum leader length, but it is not possible to set a maximum leader length. If we could control the location of this type of annotation it would save us making quite a few manual changes to the iso. I realise this is an easy change, but its just one of these annoying things that could make things much tidier on the generated iso print.

Anyway.

Thanks for you help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost