AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation ISO font Size

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
emaiolino
6331 Views, 10 Replies

Annotation ISO font Size

Good afternoon,
We need to increase the size of the text referring to "Line Number" and we did not until now.
Attached is a picture to help understanding the question.

We saw two answers to similar questions in the forum, but we got the result we.
Can anyone tell us how?
Thank you very much!

Esteban Maiolino
Titular EMBA Proyectos
Sitio web o nombre del blog
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dave.wolfe
in reply to: emaiolino

Excerpt from an upcoming book:

Text Styles

AutoCAD Isometrics can be customized to use your own text style. However, three different styles must be used in order for text to display correctly.

• Normal AutoCAD objects
  • Annotations
  • Skewed Annotations

Like dimension styles, annotations are stored in the isometric template.

Examining the bill of materials shows you that that the table uses the AdskIsoImperial text style.

The text on the drawing uses the AdskIsoAnnotation text style.

However, the skewed text displays smaller than it should.

The AdskIsoImperial text style may be set to any value desired. However, you should set the value in the text style.  The AdskIsoAnnotation text style is set to 1. 

The isoconfig.xml contains a variable that is used to scale the text used in annotations. The ScaleFactor setting indicates the size of the text height, and whether or not the size of the annotation is imperial or metric. For example, if the Scale factor is set to 1, all the symbols are also scaled up 25.4 units.

scalefactor.png

Using a little math, you can find the ratio needed to output the skewed text at the correct size.

Create a text style called AdskIsoSkewed and set the text height to 1.4140 to have your text drawn at 3/32”. 

Skewed.png

The input value necessary for the text height is given by the formula:

X = T / 0.0663 where T is the desired text height, and X is the input value required.

In order to implement the skewed text style, you have to create an annotation style that utilizes it, and then reference the text style where you used skew alignment.

Locate the Standard Annotation Style, copy it and paste a new one below it. Call the copied version Skewed. Set the Text Style to AdskIsoSkewed

copy.png

skewedxml.png

The final step is modifying any annotation scheme that uses skew alignment to use the Skewed Annotation Style.

By default these annotation schemes use the Standard Annotation Style and should be change to use the Skewed annotation style:

• Line Number Scheme
  • Field Weld
  • Field Fit Weld

You may want to evaluate how these items appear to see if you want to change the text height for them:

• Elevation Extended
  • Insulation
  • Insulation With Tracing

In the screen shot below, a value of 1.8853 was entered so that a text height of .125 would be used for the line number. Also, the text styles were set to use an Arial font (True-Type fonts are searchable in pdfs).

results.png

Note that the text size for the slope callouts must be changed in the isosymbolstyles.dwg as well. The same formula applies.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 11
EricNyh
in reply to: dave.wolfe

I WANT THIS BOOK!

Message 4 of 11
Ahmed1081975

Daer Dave,

Thanks Very much for specific Clarification

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 5 of 11
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Ahmed1081975

Sure thing. I work in Imperial. I think the numbers will be the same for metric, but I don't know. In any case, you can follow the same workflow to make sure the same ratio is used.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 6 of 11
emaiolino

Dear Dave, good morning.
Excellent explanation! With that we could solve our problem.
Thank you very much!

best regards

Esteban Maiolino
Titular EMBA Proyectos

Message 7 of 11
evadmoore

What do you use to edit a xml file?

Message 8 of 11
emaiolino
in reply to: evadmoore

Estimated Evadmoore, good afternoon.

Personally I used the "First Object XML Editor" with excellent results. It can be downloaded from:

http://www.firstobject.com/dn_editor.htm

I hope you find it useful!
Best Regards

Esteban Maiolino
Titular EMBA Proyectos

Message 9 of 11
PeterQuinn
in reply to: emaiolino

First of all, I think the documentation that Dave is working on will be a big help for many.

I consider this particular problem to be a bug and we will be fixing it soon. Dave's workaround is a good one.

My one caveat is that other than to get around this bug, please leave your text sizes equal to one. This will allow you to use the "factor" to be the actual text size for your iso style. Otherwise you'll have to do math to set the actual size.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 11
JoeNeves
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Bumping this thread because I'm having the same problem, right now, in 2018. Does Autodesk really expect users to have to edit xml to fix out of the box bugs?

Message 11 of 11
deastwood
in reply to: JoeNeves

Bumping this thread AGAIN!

This is a great work around but absolutely ridiculous to still have to use on P3D 2022. Get your **** together Autodesk. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost