AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a nozzle to a pump discharge nozzle for a pressure gage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
725 Views, 3 Replies

Adding a nozzle to a pump discharge nozzle for a pressure gage

Does anyone know how (using AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013) to add a nozzle to a pump discharge nozzle so that a pressure instrument can be added?  I need to add a threaded connection (nozzle) to a pump discharge nozzle so that I may attach a pressure gage to monitor pump discharge pressure.

Pumps manufactured to the ANSI standard have the discharge nozzle drilled & tapped to add pressure monitoring instrumentation.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
matparodi
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you resolve it? Or you still need help?

Regards

MJ Parodi - BIM Coordinator
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I don't believe that this was ever addressed. I created a work-around but it is not a coherent part of the model, similar to the manor in which I created nozzles on the inside of a tank. *Warren Shafer* *Designer VEOLIA WATER TECHNOLOGIES* office: +1 856-438-1776 / direct: +1 856-438-1760 / fax: +1 856-438-1799 6981 N. Park Dr., Suite 600 / Pennsauken, NJ 08109 USA *www.veoliawaterstna.com* -- **************************************************************************This e-mail message and any attachments to it are intended only for the named recipients and may contain confidential information. If you are notone of the intended recipients, please do not duplicate or forward thise-mail message and immediately delete it from your computer. If you received this email in error, please notify postmaster@veoliawater.com **************************************************************************
Message 4 of 4
matparodi

Sorry, I'm kind new in the discussion forum =P. So, I don't understad wath you want to do.

Can you send me a picture? What kind of pump you need?

The solution for this kind of problem when the list of equipment provided for Plant 3D is not enough is this:

I design the equipment in AutoCAD or Inventor 3D block and then I convert the block to be part of Plant 3D. Before that I convert all the nozzle in point connection with the properties I'll need, for example (BV, FL, etc.)

In the image below I draw a box with a imaginary nozzle and I converted in a equipment. You can add all the nozzle you want

If you need more information of the procedure let me know

Regards

MJ Parodi - BIM Coordinator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost