AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a 3D view in an ortho drawing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Gablafrance
868 Views, 6 Replies

Adding a 3D view in an ortho drawing

Hi everyone,

I'm just wandering if it's possible to add an isometric view of the plant design (not a piping isometric) in an ortho drawing sheet. Because I can't figure out how if it is. I'm using P3D 2012

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

What I do is create a new 3D model in the project (like isometric view).

Than insert as a DWG reference the basic model into the new model.

Than rotate the whole xref 45 degree around the Z axis and 30 degree around the X axis.

Than open the ortho drawing and create a new ortho view from the new isometric view model, and select top or front view.

Since I rotated the xref model, the view will be isometric view. And the xref will be updated whenewher I changed the base model.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 7

Thanks a lot, I'm gonna check this out!

Message 4 of 7
MOLGRAND
in reply to: Gablafrance

Hi,

ISO work around - gives a great ortho/ISO view

Thanks

Gary

Message 5 of 7
ybogdanov
in reply to: MOLGRAND

Is posible to hide any pipe before generation iso ortho? I probe to hide layers but when ortho is generated, program draw all pipes...

I think that iso drawing of each pipe in ortho is better that iso generation in isogen. The automatic dimensions it will be good tool too.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 6 of 7
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: ybogdanov

You can hide pipe in the x-ref axonometric view, but you have to turn off the layers in the base model and the x-ref model as well.

But if you want to use the axonometric ortho view instead of ISO generator, how you will make the BOM, and how will you place the item numbers on the drawing? By hand?

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 7 of 7
ybogdanov
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

attila_vallyon escribió:

You can hide pipe in the x-ref axonometric view, but you have to turn off the layers in the base model and the x-ref model as well.

But if you want to use the axonometric ortho view instead of ISO generator, how you will make the BOM, and how will you place the item numbers on the drawing? By hand?

Thank you for solution.

It's posible to add annotations of ortho, but it's not the best solution. Now is dificult to add table too (only with excel). But I hope that the Autodesk developers add any tool for futures release. Isogen it's very old, it's necessary evolve, and not copy existing programs.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost